When you’re planning a party, the appetizers are always one of the most important things to think about. You should want to make sure you have a good variety of options that will please everyone, and that includes having some great keto appetizers on hand.
There are plenty of delicious keto appetizer recipes out there, and we’ve rounded up 15 of the best ones for you to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something savory or sweet, there’s an option here that will fit the bill.
Well, what are you waiting for? Get started on your party planning with these delicious keto appetizer recipes!
1. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks (1)
Crispy,gooey but not too messy, these cheesy sticks wrapped in bacon are the perfect finger food. All you need is some string cheese and bacon, plus a little time to wrap them up. You can even make these ahead of time and reheat them when guests arrive.
- 6 pieces string cheese
- 12 strips partially-cooked bacon
- Oil for frying
- Cut the string cheese into 6 equal pieces. Wrap each piece of cheese with a strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cheese sticks and cook until the bacon is crisp and the cheese is melted but not oozing out, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
2. Keto Air Fried Pickles (5)
If you love the tangy taste of pickles, you’re going to love these air fried pickles. They’re crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and they make a great appetizer or side dish.
- 1 jar of dill pickles
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 cups ground pork rinds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Use a paper towel to pat the pickles dry. Slice them into thin chips, about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cajun seasoning, and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and pickle juice.
- Place the pork rinds, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip the pickle chips in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the pork rind mixture.
- Place on a greased air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Serve with keto ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
3. Keto Jalapeno Poppers (3)
If you’re craving a spicy, cheesy snack, these keto jalapeno poppers are the perfect recipe for you. Stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese, these poppers are sure to be a hit at your next party.
- 5 bacon slices (For a shortcut you can use pre-cooked bacon bits/pieces)
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cut the bacon slices in half and then cut each jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs from the peppers if you want them to be less spicy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cheese mixture and then wrap with a piece of bacon.
- Place on a greased air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Looking for a way to break the vicious cycle of weight loss and tone up all the jiggly parts? Watch the extra pounds fly off and your muscles firm up with the BetterMe app!
4. Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (2)
Nothing screams football season quite like buffalo wings. But if you’re on the keto diet, traditional wings are off limits. Luckily, these Buffalo cauliflower wings are a delicious and healthier alternative.
They’re coated in a crispy batter and tossed in hot sauce, so they have all the flavor of traditional wings without the carbs.
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk , can sub any milk
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups cauliflower florets , about 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter, can sub with ghee if not dairy-free
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- To a large bowl add the almond flour, almond milk, onion salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the batter. Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt together the buffalo sauce and vegan butter.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add it to the saucepan with the buffalo sauce and toss until evenly coated. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
5. Keto Tortilla Chips And Salsa (4)
Crunchy, salty, and delicious, these keto tortilla chips are the perfect snack for your next party. Serve them with a homemade salsa or your favorite store-bought variety.
For the tortilla chips:
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder or to taste (optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp onion powder (optional)
For the salsa:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp sliced spring onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- ¼ lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted mozzarella cheese, almond flour, salt, chili powder (if using), garlic powder (if using), and onion powder (if using).
- Place the cheese mixture on the prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin circle.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into chips.
- To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
Read More: Keto Seafood Chowder For Seafood Lovers
6. Spicy Mixed Nuts (6)
Nuts are a keto diet’s best friend. They’re a great source of healthy fats and make a filling snack. These spicy mixed nuts are perfect for your next party. They’re coated in a mixture of chili powder, cumin, and paprika, so they have a nice kick to them.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter.
- Add pecans, almonds, peanuts, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper to the melted butter. Stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the nut mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
If you tend to let yourself off the hook, raise the white flag when things get tougher than you expected, send yourself on an unconscious binge-eating trip – BetterMe app is here to help you leave all of these sabotaging habits in the past!
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, these keto appetizers are sure to please. From cheesy cauliflower bites to spicy mixed nuts, you won’t miss the carbs with these delicious options.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- BACON WRAPPED CHEESE STICKS (2017, lowcarbyum.com)
- CAULIFLOWER WINGS (2020, lifemadesweeter.com)
- EASY KETO JALAPEÑO POPPERS (2019, ketokarma.com)
- Homemade Keto Tortilla Chips and Fresh Salsa (n.d., ketopots.com)
- Keto Fried Pickles in the Air Fryer (2019, ketofocus.com)
- Savory Spiced Mixed Nuts (2021, thespruceeats.com)