Tired of thin soups and craving thicker and chunkier chowders? If so, we got you covered! We know how challenging it can be to discover a keto seafood chowder recipe that allows you to enjoy these textures. We have done some research for you and compiled a few of the best keto seafood chowder, slow cooker, instant pot, and cream cheese recipes. Check it out!
Can You Have Seafood On Keto Diet?
Seafood is an excellent food choice in keto because it has high healthy fat content and low to zero carbs. That means they are perfect additions to your keto diet. Of course, you can prepare seafood differently, but nothing beats tasty keto seafood chowder instant pot, slow cooker, or cream cheese recipes. Here are some seafood chowder keto recipes based on the same to try!
Healthy Keto Seafood Chowder (2)
If you are a seafood lover, you will rejoice in this recipe. It is highly nutritious and delicious. Here is an overview:
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. white fish, cut into 1-inch pieces (or 2 cans of clams)
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 2 medium turnips cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ medium onion chopped
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¾ tsp. glucomannan (optional)
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until it is crisp. Remove and drain using a paper towel.
- Add the onion and turnips to the bacon grease and let them cook for about five minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the chicken stock, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the turnips are tender. Season with salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Add the fish and let everything simmer for about four minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the butter and heavy cream, followed by glucomannan for a thicker broth.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon when serving.
Nutritional Profile (2):
The nutrition per serving is as follows:
- Calories: 394
- Total fat: 32 g
- Total carbs: 6 g
- Protein: 17 g
Instant Pot Seafood Chowder Recipe (Fish Chowder) (1)
- 2 cups baby gold potatoes (12 oz. /340 g; use thin-skinned potatoes)
- 1 lb. (454 g) cod, boneless and skinless)
- 1 lb. (454 g) large shrimp, raw, peeled, tail-off (use 70/90 size shrimp)
- 6 oz. (170 g) smoked oysters packed in olive oil, drained
- 1½ cups of chicken broth
- 1 stalk of celery
- ½ cup of frozen roasted corn
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large carrot (2.5 oz. /71 g)
- 1 large onion (7 oz. /198 g)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup spelt flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of clam juice
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Fresh thyme leaves, black pepper, parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Cut the cod into 1-inch pieces and the oysters and shrimp in half. Chop the potatoes and onion into ½-inch dice, carrots into ¼-½-inch pieces, and celery into ¼-inch pieces.
- With the Instant Pot set to high sauté, heat the oil and sauté the carrot, onion, and celery for 5 to 10 minutes. The idea is to soften the veggies and not to brown them.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and flour and stir for half a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and clam juice, then the dried thyme and Old Bay, and cover the pot.
- Let it pressure cook for 5 minutes under high pressure using the “beans/chili” setting. Afterwards, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before opening the pot.
- Add the chopped shrimp, cod, corn, drained chopped oysters, and cream. Let them simmer on high sauté for 5 to 10 minutes while occasionally stirring to prevent sticking.
- The fish’s internal temperature should be 145°F (63°C). Feel free to check using a meat thermometer.
- Serve the chowder in soup bowls and garnish (if desired). Enjoy!
Nutritional Profile (1):
Each serving provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 655
- Total fat: 35 g
- Total carbs: 34 g
- Protein: 57 g
Whether you’re looking to simply pep up your fitness routine, jazz up your diet with mouth-watering low-calorie recipes or want to get your act together and significantly drop that number on your scale – BetterMe app has got you covered! Improve your body and revamp your life with us!
The Bottom Line
Enjoy seafood using these tasty keto seafood chowder recipes. They are creamy, easy to prepare, and highly nutritious. But remember to consult your nutritionist before adding them to your eating plan.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Instant Pot Seafood Chowder Recipe (Fish Chowder) (2022, summeryule.com)
- KETO SEAFOOD CHOWDER (2021, alldayidreamaboutfood.com)