“Fat bombs” doesn’t sound like something that would be good for you, but these little peanut butter snacks might actually be a great way to help with weight loss! Peanut butter is a high (healthy) fat food that may help to curb your appetite and cravings, and it’s also a good source of protein and fiber (6). While on the keto diet, you need to make sure you’re getting enough fat in your diet to help you feel satiated and to maintain your energy levels. These peanut butter fat bombs are a perfect way to do that! Plus, they help keep your cravings at bay by indulging your sweet tooth with a little bit of natural sweetness.
What Are Keto Fat Bombs?
Keto fat bombs are high-fat, low-carbohydrate snacks that are designed to help people following a ketogenic diet plan stay on track. Fat bombs got their name because they are high in healthy fats, which are an essential part of the keto diet.
While there are many different recipes for keto fat bombs, they typically contain a combination of healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado oil, and nut butters, as well as other low-carb ingredients like dark chocolate.
Keto fat bombs can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert, and they are an easy way to increase your fat intake while following a keto diet. While fat bombs are high in calories, they are a good source of healthy fats that can help you reach your daily fat goals. Be sure to choose recipes that fit into your daily carb and calorie goals, and enjoy them in moderation.
How To Make Keto Fat Bombs
While the recipe for 3 ingredient chocolate peanut butter fat bombs is as simple as the name implies, there are a few factors you must contemplate before you start cooking.
Which Is The Best Oil For 3 Ingredients PB Fat Bombs?
All plant based oils have zero carbs and protein, making them pure sources of fat. While on the keto diet, you should lose fat regardless of which fats you consume (within reason, of course), if you are in a calorie deficit.
However, it is better for your health and wellbeing if you focus on consuming healthy fats. And since fats are your primary fuel source on a keto diet, it’s important to choose the best quality fats you can afford.
- Refined coconut oil: tasteless and flavorless, making it great for baking and cooking. Although controversial because of its high saturated fat content, coconut oil is said to be a good option if you want to increase ketone production.
- Unrefined coconut oil: also known as “virgin” or “extra virgin” coconut oil. It has a mild and pleasant coconut flavor and aroma.
- MCT oil: also known as “medium chain triglyceride” oil. It’s a concentrated form of coconut oil that is easy to digest and quickly metabolized for energy.
- Avocado oil: has a slightly nutty and buttery flavor. Is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (3).
- Any other plant-based oil you prefer will work, depending on the flavor you are going for.
Which Is The Healthiest Chocolate?
The healthiest chocolate is usually said to be the kind that contains the highest percentage of cacao.
Which Is The Best Chocolate For 3 Ingredient PB Fat Bombs?
For starters, you have to decide what kind of chocolate you want to use. There are a few types of chocolate that would be suitable for this recipe:
- Raw cacao powder: This powder is made from grinding down raw cacao beans. It’s high in antioxidants and has a strong, bitter taste (4). You can’t go wrong with this option as it has no additives, but it may be too bitter for some people.
- Unsweetened baking chocolate: this type of chocolate is mostly cacao and has a bitter taste. It’s best to use unsweetened baking chocolate that has a cacao content of at least 70%.
- Bittersweet chocolate: also known as “semisweet” chocolate, this type of chocolate contains between 50-70% cacao. It has a slightly sweet taste with undertones of bitterness.
- Dark chocolate with at least 70% cacao: this type of chocolate is also bittersweet, but it has a richer flavor than semisweet chocolate.
In general, the higher the cacao content, the healthier the chocolate is thought to be because it has more antioxidants. However, you should also consider the other ingredients in the chocolate. For example, some dark chocolates contain added sugar, which you will want to avoid if you’re following a keto diet. Ideally, you should choose a dark chocolate that is sweetened with stevia or another keto-friendly sweetener.
If you wish to free yourself from all the extra pounds that have been weighting you down for way too long, start using the BetterMe app and overhaul your entire life!
Peanut Butter For 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
The next ingredient you’ll need is peanut butter. You can use any type of peanut butter you like, but for the healthiest option, choose an all-natural peanut butter that doesn’t contain any added sugar or oil. You can also use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter if you have a peanut allergy or want to change things up.
Do You Need A Sweetener For 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs?
The answer to this question depends on your personal preference as well as the ingredients you’ve chosen in the sections above.
If you’ve chosen a dark chocolate with a high cacao content, it’s likely that the chocolate will be bitter or bittersweet. In this case, you may want to add a sweetener to balance out the bitterness. On the other hand, if you’ve chosen a chocolate with a lower cacao content, it’s likely that the chocolate will be sweet already. In this case, you may not need to add a sweetener.
Some keto friendly sweeteners you can use in your recipe include:
- low-carb monk fruit sweetener: derived from the monk fruit plant, this sweetener is 100% natural and has zero calories.
- stevia: a plant-based sweetener that is also calorie-free.
- erythritol: a sugar alcohol that is sweeter than sugar but has fewer calories.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to use a sweetener at all if you don’t want to. The recipe will still taste delicious without one.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (5)
This simple recipe only requires three ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, and a sweetener (optional). It’s an easy and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying on track with your keto diet.
- ½ cup coconut butter (coconut manna)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy homemade peanut butter or store-bought
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 20–30 drops low carb monk fruit sweetener, or to taste (optional but highly recommended)
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners or paper liners.
- Melt the coconut butter in a large bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir in the peanut butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Taste and add monkfruit sweetener if desired.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup to the top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and let sit for 5-10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Almond Butter Fat Bombs (1)
Cream cheese, almond butter, and a keto-friendly sweetener are all you need to make these delicious and satisfying fat bombs.
- 249.48 g Cream Cheese equivalent to 1 block of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Almond Butter or peanut butter
- 50 g Sugar-free Powdered Sweetener (not crystal)
- 75 g Vanilla Extract
- Optional decoration:
- 2 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoon Crushed Peanuts or crushed almonds
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, almond butter, and sweetener until well combined. If using, add in the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Add the powdered sweetener a little at a time until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out the mixture and shape into balls. If desired, roll the balls in crushed peanuts or almonds.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and let sit for 5-10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Yanking yourself back in shape has never been so easy with our game-changing fitness app! Start transforming your life with BetterMe!
3 Ingredient Vegan Keto Peanut Butter Balls (2)
If you’re not a fan of chocolate, these peanut butter balls are a great alternative. They’re just as delicious and satisfying, but without the chocolate flavor.
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sticky monk fruit sweetened maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour until well combined. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
- Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out the mixture and shape into balls.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until solid.
The Bottom Line
While on the keto diet, it’s important to find snacks and desserts that are high in fat and low in carbs. These three ingredient recipes are a great way to do just that. They’re easy to make, delicious, and will help you stay on track with your diet.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- 3-INGREDIENT FAT BOMBS (2022, sweetashoney.com)
- 3 INGREDIENT NO BAKE KETO PEANUT BUTTER BALLS (PALEO, VEGAN, LOW CARB) (2018, thebigmansworld.com)
- Avocado Oil: Characteristics, Properties, and Applications (2019, nih.gov)
- Cocoa and Chocolate in Human Health and Disease (2011, nih.gov)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – Keto, 3 Ingredient! (2021, beamingbaker.com)
- Peanuts as functional food: a review (2016, nih.gov)