Zucchini and shrimp never looked this good—or tasted this good! This light and healthy shrimp scampi recipe is simple to prepare and is a great option for a summertime meal. The best part? It’s a low-calorie alternative to the classic pasta dish.
The shrimp packs a good amount of protein and omega-3s, while the zucchini provides filling fiber. And together, they create a light but satisfying dish that’s perfect for a summer night. The chicken broth, chili powder, and lemon amplify the flavor and make this shrimp scampi recipe a winner all around.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced into noodles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cube unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Spiralize the zucchini. Chop the parsley.
- Place the zucchini noodles on the 3 layers of paper towels and spread them out; sprinkle them with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Dab the excess moisture using paper towels then transfer the noodles into a bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and pour the chicken broth, chili powder, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until it starts turning pink, then reduce the heat to a medium-low.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, stir in the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, serve and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Tasty and healthy shrimp scampi recipe (2021, youtube.com)