As one knows, good nutrition is one of the primary foundations of weight loss. Among vegetables, one of the go-to vegetables that food experts recommend is cabbage. This vegetable is very effective in promoting weight loss and can be cooked in plenty of ways. In this article, we will look at how you can prepare cabbage in healthy weight loss soups. Please take a look at our 7-day vegetable soup diet recipe weight loss-based.
The Cabbage Soup Diet
Before we delve into the cabbage soup recipes, let us first go through the cabbage soup diet. As the name suggests, this refers to a fat-free cabbage rich soup that experts recommend taking two to three times a day (4).
Some dieters claim to have lost up to ten pounds in a week when following this diet. That said, experts do have a standard weight loss limit from this diet.
Before you stock up on cabbage, talk to your doctor about your interest in following a cabbage soup diet plan for weight loss. Liquid diets may not be ideal for some people. Other diet plans may be more suitable for weight loss than this one.
Another point worth noting is that this diet is not suitable for long-term weight loss. It may be too restrictive and not give your body all the nutrients it requires. With this mind, make sure you go through all your cabbage soup recipes with your nutritionist to validate that they meet your nutritional needs.
Cabbage Soup Diet
Cabbage is one of the many vegetables food experts recommend dieters use to make weight loss soups. The cruciferous vegetable is loaded with nutrients and has a wide range of benefits. With less than twenty calories in half a cup of cooked cabbage, this vegetable is worth making for weight loss. Here are easy to make healthy soups for weight loss you can make using cabbage (1):
- Potato and savoy cabbage soup with bacon (Calories- 336, Fat- 15 g, Carbs- 32 g, and Protein- 21 g)
- Cabbage soup (Calories- 156, Fat- 5 g, Carbs- 16 g, and Protein- 6 g)
- Sort-of Scotch broth (Calories- 452, Fat- 25 g, Carbs- 29 g, and Protein- 27 g)
Other Healthy Soups
Although the cabbage soups are effective in weight loss, some people feel the need to try out different ingredients. Unfortunately, the problem is that some people lack insight on how to blend various ingredients to make healthy weight loss soups. Here are some healthy soups for weight loss you can consider for the seven days:
Day 1 (2)
- Leek and butter bean soup with crispy kale and bacon (Calories- 274, Fat- 12 g, Carbs- 21 g, and Protein- 14 g)
- Cucumber, pea, and lettuce soup (Calories- 156, Fat- 3 g, Carbs- 21 g, and Protein- 8 g)
- Healthy mushroom soup (Calories- 217, Fat- 7 g, Carbs- 31 g, and Protein- 8 g)
Day 2 (2)
- Cauliflower soup (Calories- 176, Fat- 8 g, Carbs- 14 g, and Protein- 8 g)
- Celeriac, hazelnut, and truffle soup (Calories- 237, Fat- 15 g, Carbs- 14 g, and Protein- 5 g)
- Celery soup (Calories- 163, Fat- 9 g, Carbs- 15 g, and Protein- 3 g)
Day 3 (2)
- Winter vegetable and lentil soup (Calories- 264, Fat- 3 g, Carbs- 37 g, and Protein- 16 g)
- Rustic vegetable soup (Calories- 162, Fat- 5 g, Carbs- 19 g, and Protein- 7 g)
- Lamb and chickpea soup (Calories- 430, Fat- 15 g, Carbs- 37 g, and Protein- 27 g)
Day 4 (2)
- Wild garlic and nettle soup (Calories- 189, Fat- 10 g, Carbs- 16 g, and Protein- 6 g)
- Curried kale and chickpea soup (Calories- 336, Fat- 10 g, Carbs- 40 g, and Protein- 16 g)
- Spicy chili bean soup (Calories- 157, Fat- 4 g, Carbs- 18 g, and Protein- 8 g)
Reasons why BetterMe is a safe bet: a wide range of calorie-blasting workouts, finger-licking recipes, 24/7 support, challenges that’ll keep you on your best game, and that just scratches the surface! Start using our app and watch the magic happen.
Day 5 (2)
- Carrot and ginger soup (Calories- 293, Fat- 12 g, Carbs- 31 g, and Protein- 10 g)
- Spiced lentil and butternut squash soup (Calories- 167, Fat- 5 g, Carbs- 23 g, and Protein- 6 g)
- Broccoli and kale green soup (Calories- 182, Fat- 8 g, Carbs- 14 g, and Protein- 10 g)
Day 6 (2)
- Herby broccoli and pea soup (Calories- 214, Fat- 8 g, Carbs- 19 g, and Protein- 12 g)
- Squash and nigella seed soup (Calories- 181, Fat- 7 g, Carbs- 27 g, and Protein- 5 g)
- Creamy fish and mussel soup (Calories- 185, Fat- 7 g, Carbs- 8 g, and Protein- 72 g)
Day 7 (2)
- Honeyed carrot soup (Calories- 116, Fat- 5 g, Carbs- 16 g, and Protein- 3 g)
- Healthy tomato soup (Calories- 198, Fat- 10 g, Carbs- 20 g, and Protein- 3 g)
- Vegan pumpkin soup (Calories- 256, Fat- 13 g, Carbs- 23 g, and Protein- 9 g)
How Much Weight Can You Lose With Vegetable Weight Loss Soups?
Since you are consuming few calories from these soups, you will notice that you will be shedding pounds quickly, as seen on your scale. Regardless of the vegetable soup recipe you are using, there is no standard limit you have to lose when following this diet plan.
So, do not pressure yourself to lose specific pounds within these seven days. You have to set realistic weight loss goals to keep you committed to this 7-day vegetable soup diet recipe weight loss.
The CDC recommends you aim to lose one to two pounds weekly, not using vegetable soups only but a healthy and balanced diet (3).
However, this diet plan is only effective short term. You may end up regaining the weight after you stop following a vegetable soup diet plan for weight loss. So, talk to your doctor for insight into weight loss diet plans that help you lose weight for the long haul.
Which Is The Best Vegetable For Weight Loss?
You will notice that we have included many vegetables in this 7-day vegetable soup diet plan for weight loss. It shows that there are many vegetables you can use to prepare healthy vegetable soups for weight loss.
All the vegetables we have included, including cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, and kale, have low calories. These low calories make them effective for weight loss. However, because all these vegetables have low calories and promote weight loss, it is hard to pick the best from them.
So it all comes down to your preferences, nutritional requirements, and calorie needs.
The Bottom Line
Although this 7-day vegetable soup diet recipe weight loss targeted plan works, remember that it is unsuitable for the long haul. It may lead to malnutrition and other health conditions due to a lack of crucial nutrients. Please remember to not start or follow this diet plan for more than a week without talking to your doctor first.
Supplement your diet with some exercise to double your results. Check out this 20-min Full Body Workout at Home.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on for decision-making. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!