Just like you need some rest after a day or a week of hard work, your body needs an occasional reboot. The best way to reboot your metabolism, lose some weight and boost your health is to take a break from all the heavy, greasy, sugary, salty, and processed foods. That is what this 21-days cleanse diet is for. It is a 3-week long plan which claims to be the best detox cleanse for weight loss. Buckle up, and let’s jump into the basics of this weight loss cleanse!
How To Do A Cleanse With A 21 Days Cleanse Diet?
Detoxes and cleanses have gained a lot of popularity throughout recent years (3). Every detox diet claims to work miracles for your body, but sadly, not all of them are as good as they sound. Your body doesn’t need any help removing harmful toxins – you have sophisticated organ systems which do this all on their own. However, if you are used to a lot of junk food, processed foods, sugary drinks, salty snacks, and other unhealthy foods, then you could definitely use some adjustments! But this should not be in the form of a fad diet, where you either only drink smoothies or limit yourself to a certain type of food.
Read More: 3-Day Cleanse To Lose Belly Fat: Get A Flat Tummy With These Tips
To reset your diet, you need to give up all the bad and unhealthy foods for a time. Doing so will help you break your unhealthier habits and perhaps trim a couple of unwanted fat pounds. This 3-week plan is based on a so-called clean diet. But what is clean eating? – you may ask. This is a nutritional approach, focused on the consumption of real, whole foods (5, 6, 2). This plan will not only help you “cleanse” your body during these 21 days but also help you adopt a new, healthier lifestyle. Now, back to how to do a cleanse. Here are the main recommendations:
Eat Whole, Organic, And Healthy Foods
Eating a so-called clean diet is your go-to if you want to cleanse your body in a safe and sustainable way. Despite a common belief, clean eating doesn’t mean that you should only eat raw, self-grown fruits and vegetables. Although these can make a great addition to your 21 cleanse diet menu, they should not be the only ingredients of your meals. Here is what you can eat (1):
- Eat up on whole grains. These are rich in fiber and various vital micronutrients, so they not only promote healthy digestion and a feeling of fullness but also replace the highly processed grain products which aren’t as good for you.
- Fruits and veggies are a must-eat. Like whole grains, fruits and vegetables are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are a great source of antioxidants, which are known to have detoxifying properties. Some of the best detox fruits and vegetables are beets, artichokes, red cabbage, sweet potatoes, broccoli, avocado, radishes, kale, spinach, squash, berries, currants, grapes, and others (4). But any fruits and vegetables are great to include!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is always a good idea, and it is especially beneficial if you want to cleanse your body. Good hydration helps keep all those detoxifying organs working as they should.
- Opt for organic, whole foods. The less processed the food is – the better. Also try to shop at your local farmers’ market, as organic foods there are less likely to be covered in pesticides. If you can’t access organic foods, it’s okay – just rinse your fruits and vegetables well before eating them.
- Choose your animal products wisely. Just like plant foods, animal products can also have various additives in the form of hormones or antibiotics. So, try to buy organic meats, dairy products, and eggs from your local farmers if you can. If organic animal products are too expensive, don’t worry. You can at least focus on choosing whole cuts rather than processed meats, and dairy products without additives like sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Intense sweat sessions, working weight loss tips, lip-smacking recipes come in one package with the BetterMe app. And all of it is at your fingertips, start transforming your life now!
Avoid All Highly Processed Foods With Lots Of Additives
It is only natural that this 21 days clean eating plan requires you to eliminate all the unhealthy processed foods from your menu. Rich in unnecessary calories, added sugars, salt, and fats, ultra-processed foods will do your body no good. Therefore, you need to do the following (5):
- Keep away from highly processed foods. Foods that went through a lot of processing often contain many artificial ingredients, added components, and extra calories. Avoid products with a long list of ingredients, especially if they sound unfamiliar to you.
- Reduce your consumption of foods with added salt, sugar, or fat. Sugary drinks, store-bought juices, salty snacks, sweets, flavored dairy, frosted cereals – these are only a few of the foods that are filled with added sugars, salt, and fats. Regular consumption of such products only increases your chance of various diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity, and others.
- Do not eat a product that has nothing in common with its natural form. This is a great tip if you are not sure whether this or that type of food is whole, and clean eating friendly. When choosing a food, think of what it is made of, and if the original form is almost nothing like the final product, then you should better keep away from it. For example, fruit juice compared to whole fruit, vegetable chips vs fresh vegetables, French fries vs a potato, chicken nuggets vs fresh chicken breast, and so on.
- Go easy on alcohol and coffee. It is not a strict rule, but many clean eaters either cut their consumption of alcohol and coffee or give up on them completely.
What To Do Next?
Now, as you already know, this nutritional plan lasts only 21 days. But what to do next? This 21-days cleanse diet was designed as a short-term cleanse tool, but it encourages healthy eating patterns. So, after these 3 weeks pass, you are expected to start a healthy and balanced diet. You need to make sure that you get all the essential nutrients from your meals, while still sticking to some of the rules of clean eating, such as eating whole grains, fruits, and vegetables and avoiding highly processed, sugar-filled products. To plan your diet properly, please, consult with a specialist.
This 21-days cleanse diet is a great opportunity for you to try on a healthy lifestyle and prepare your body for a safe weight loss. This dietary plan is based on clean eating principles and encourages in general healthy eating habits, such as consumption of real, whole foods, and restriction of unhealthy processed products. Before making any major changes in your current diet, make sure to discuss them with a healthcare provider.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- 9 Ways to Eat Clean (2020, webmd.com)
- Clean eating: The good and the bad (2020, health.harvard.edu)
- Do detox diets offer any health benefits? (2020, mayoclinic.org)
- What are detoxing foods and what are their benefits? (2021, medicalnewstoday.com)
- What does it mean to eat clean? (2020, mayoclinic.org)
- What is clean eating? (2020, mayoclinic.org)