If you have ever felt that your midsection harbors a hidden treasure, you are not alone! Many people wish to get rid of their belly fat once and for all.
If you are done trying all the possible ways, you should give the new 28-day flat belly challenge a shot. It is a HIIT-packed vigorous belly shredding challenge that can tone your body and can slim your stomach within 28 days!
The much-hyped challenge has gained immense popularity worldwide due to its insane results. From celebrities to fitness enthusiasts, many famous peeps are vouching for the 28-day flat belly challenge. If they can witness incredible transformation, so can you!
Lace-up those sneakers, grab your water bottle (and possibly a donut for moral support), and embark on this 28-day flat tummy challenge!
What is the 28-day Shrink Stomach Challenge?
The 28-day flat stomach challenge is a cardio, strength, and HIIT-packed fitness routine. It targets your core and helps you lose belly weight. Dr. Oz originally made the challenge, but now, some companies are tweaking it as per the current requirements. For example, your plan may be slightly different if you are trying to lose belly weight after 50.
This 28-day flat belly challenge can consist of daily 16-minute workouts divided into 4 HIIT routines and 3 ab workouts each week for four weeks (2). This cardio and strength training blend can elevate your heart rate and sculpt your belly, eventually making you slimmer. This flat stomach challenge also incorporates 20-second rest periods in between each routine.
Alongside this, there are certain tips you must follow during the 28-day flat belly challenge (3):
- Try to eliminate processed food from your diet, including dairy and alcohol.
- Try following 12-hour intermittent fasting, for instance, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Alternate strength training with cardio to reap effective results.
- It would help if you drank vegetable smoothies and detox water.
A certified dietitian or a fitness expert may advise you to change your 28-day plan according to your needs. Note that a 28-day belly challenge female version may differ from the male version. Instead of contemplating its effectiveness, try implementing it and wait for positive outcomes.
If you’ve mustered up the courage to crush your weight loss goal, let Betterme take the sting out of this demanding process. Our app will help you restructure your habits, remold your life and crank up your fitness results!
Despite all those intense workout sessions, don’t feel discouraged if you can’t lose that flab. There are many ways to achieve a slim and sculpted belly in less than a month. It purely all depends on your motivation, discipline, and perseverance. The best part is that you can mold this challenge according to your preferences.
For example, men who love eating out can search the 28-day belly-shrinking challenge and determine how to change their diets while still enjoying meals out. Meanwhile, ladies who adore working out can adopt the 28-day ab challenge specifically for women.
Workout Plan for the 28-day Flat Belly Challenge
To perform most exercises in this plan, you just need a yoga mat, a pair of dumbbells, a timer, and some motivation to start. Before starting, it’s important to warm up for 5 minutes and practice the correct technique to mitigate the risk of injury. You can watch videos and research online on how to maintain proper form.
Perform the 28-day flat belly challenge with a plan like this (1):
Week 1 and 2
You have to do ab bikes, toe touches, leg lifts, and hip dips for 40 seconds with a 20-second rest in between. Repeat these exercises for four rounds.
On Tuesday, mountain climbers, squat-to-shoulder presses, push-ups, and walking lunges.
Again, you have to do ab bikes, toe touches, leg lifts, and hip dips.
On the fifth day, you have burpees, alternating reverse lunges, jump squats, and walking lunges.
On Friday, your workout should include Russian twists, toe touches, leg lifts, and hip dips.
Start with mountain climbers, followed by squat-to-shoulder presses, push-ups, and walking lunges.
On Sunday, your routine should cover the burpees, alternating reverse lunges, jump squats, and walking lunges.
Read more: 28-Day Leg Challenge for Toned and Firm Legs
Week 3 and 4
This session should include Russian twists, jackknife crunches, sit-ups, and reverse crunches.
On Tuesday, try to include mountain climbers, speed skaters, push-ups, and tuck jumps in your workout sessions.
This workout session includes Russian twists, straight-leg jackknife crunches, reverse crunches, and hip dips.
Try burpees, squat-to-shoulder presses, push-ups, and walking lunges with dumbbells.
Today, Russian twists, straight-leg jackknife crunches, reverse crunches, and hip dips.
Perform mountain climbers, squat-to-shoulder presses, push-ups, and walking lunges.
The routine on Sundays in weeks 3 and 4 has burpees, speed skaters, tuck jumps, and walking lunges with dumbbells.
This 28-day plan is intended to be a beginner flat stomach workout. It is possible that you aren’t aware of some exercises mentioned in the plan above. Below, we have explained the steps to perform some of the exercises mentioned in the program:
To perform ab bikes:
- Place a yoga mat on the floor and lie on your back.
- Place your hands beside your head, fingers lightly touching your temples.
- Lift your knees and bend them at a 90-degree angle.
- Alternate touching your right elbow to your left knee while extending your right leg, and vice versa.
- Repeat this cycling motion like you pedal a bike.
To perform leg lifts:
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides.
- Keep your legs straight and together.
- Lift your legs off the ground while keeping them straight.
- Raise them until they form a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Lower your legs back down, but don’t let them touch the ground.
To perform hip dips:
- Begin in a side plank position, propping yourself up on your forearm with your elbow under your shoulder.
- Stack your legs on top of each other, keeping your body in a straight line.
- Lower your hips towards the ground without touching it.
- Lift your hips back up to the starting position.
To perform mountain climbers:
- Start in a push-up position with your arms straight and hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Alternately, bring one knee towards your chest, then quickly switch to the other knee in a running motion.
- Maintain a brisk pace while keeping your core tight.
To perform squat-to-shoulder presses:
- Hold a dumbbell at shoulder height, with your palms facing forward.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Perform a squat by bending your knees and lowering your hips back and down.
- As you stand back up, press the weight overhead by extending your arms fully.
- Lower the weight back to shoulder height as you descend into the next squat.
To perform the burpees:
- Stand upright.
- Drop into a squat position and place your hands on the floor before you.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position, keeping your body straight.
- Do a push-up and quickly jump your feet back to the squat position.
- Explode up into a jump, reaching your arms overhead.
- Land softly and immediately go into the next repetition.
To perform the Russian Twist:
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat.
- Lean back slightly while keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Lift your feet off the ground.
- Hold a weight with both hands close to your chest.
- Twist your torso to one side, bringing the weight towards the floor beside your hip.
- Return to the center and twist to the other side.
To perform the jackknife crunches:
- Lie flat on the ground.
- Lift your legs and your upper body into a “V” shape.
- Perform a crunch by reaching your hands toward your feet.
- Lower back down with control.
- Engage the core and use slow movements.
To perform speed skaters:
- Start in a slight squat position.
- Leap to the side, crossing one leg behind the other.
- Land softly on the other side, switching legs.
- Move quickly with control, mimicking a speed skater’s motion.
Here is how you can perform the tuck jumps:
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly, getting ready to jump.
- Push off the ground with your feet and jump up as high as possible.
- While in the air, pull your knees up toward your chest. Imagine folding yourself in half.
- Hold onto your knees with your hands and arms around your shins.
- Quickly extend your legs back out as you prepare to land.
- Land on the balls of your feet, and then let your heels gently touch the ground.
- Bend your knees to absorb the impact and protect your joints as you land.
- Stand up straight again, and you are ready for the next jump
If you tend to let yourself off the hook, raise the white flag when things get tougher than you expected, send yourself on an unconscious binge-eating trip – BetterMe app is here to help you leave all of these sabotaging habits in the past!
Why is the 28-day Diet so Effective?
The 28-day flat belly challenge for beginners has shown positive outcomes. It encompasses workouts, diet plans, and healthy routines. Like other exercise regimes, this plan embraces a healthy lifestyle and transforms your mental and physical well-being.
Besides the exercise routines mentioned above, you can research the women’s ab challenge and how to include it in the 28-day plan.
You can have
- A slice of avocado on toast with a cup of green tea. You can also consume an omelet.
- A cup of blueberry with a tsp of honey and milk with oatmeal.
- A banana apple smoothie and two boiled eggs.
Note: Your breakfast is an important meal of the day, so be sure you get the most out of it and not skip it.
You can have
- A cup of blueberry and broccoli salad with a whole-grain..
- A cup of pineapples and kiwis with a whole-grain source and vegetable salad.
- A cup of baby carrots and apples, alongside a sandwich or brown rice and vegetable stir fry.
Note: Remember your lunch must comprise fruits and fiber.
You can have:
- Soba noodles, turkey meat, and a cup of chopped cucumbers.
- Brown rice with chicken breast and a veggie salad.
- Quinoa with grilled salmon and a cup of broccoli.
Note: Remember your dinner must comprise a combination of lean meat, whole grains, fish, and vegetables. These could also be eaten for lunch.
If you feel hungry in between, you can munch on healthy snacks. You can consume a handful of nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, or peanuts. You can also have a slice of toast with peanut butter or a cup of berries to satiate your cravings.
You should also maintain your hydration throughout the day. You can have a veggie smoothie to further contribute to your essential daily vegetable intake. To make a veggie smoothie:
- Get spinach, lemon, cucumber, ripe pear, celery stalks, and water.
- Mix two cups of these ingredients with two cups of water.
- Refrigerate the drink and have it anytime you want.
How Much Weight Can I Realistically Lose in 28 Days?
Everyone wants to lose weight as fast as possible. Realistically, you can lose about 0.5-1% of your body weight per week, according to CDC (4). This means you could lose 1-2 pounds per week and up to 10 monthly.
Of course, this relies on your physique, BMI, workout routines, gender, and related factors. Another important factor to consider is your daily caloric intake. If your goal is weight loss, you should create a calorie-deficit diet plan to stimulate the weight loss effect.
Since 1 pound equals 3,500 calories, you must cut down 1,000 calories daily to lose 2 pounds weekly (6). Again, this may vary according to your efforts and discipline. Try following the 28-day flat belly challenge strictly, to see results.
The Bottom Line
As you initiate the 28-day flat belly challenge, know that you have committed to improving your physical health and embraced a growth mindset and positive change. Whether you’ve seen dramatic results or subtle shifts, remember that every step you’ve taken contributes to your overall well-being.
Even though it is designed to help you lose weight effectively, you should consult your doctor if you have any underlying medical conditions or injuries to prevent the risk of injuries. Remember to start slow and incorporate a healthy diet for effective results.
While you are on it, and even after, continue to make mindful choices. Stay more active, and remember that your body reflects the care you invest in it. Here’s to your ongoing wellness journey, armed with the tools and confidence gained from the 28 days you conquered. Cheers to a future filled with renewed vitality and a sense of accomplishment!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is 28 days enough to lose weight?
Yes, you can lose weight in 28 days. The amount of this weight loss depends on several factors, including your starting weight, metabolism, diet, exercise routine, and overall health. It is possible to make noticeable progress in 28 days, but the amount of weight you can safely and realistically lose during this time may vary.
What are the five foods that burn belly fat?
No specific food can magically “burn” belly fat on its own. Nonetheless, some foods can contribute to a healthier diet and support weight loss efforts. These include high-fiber foods, protein-rich foods, hydrating fruits, complex carbs, and healthy fats.
You can find the best foods in each category and get easily available ones.
Does walking burn belly fat?
Yes, walking can contribute to burning belly fat and overall body fat. While walking is generally considered a low-impact exercise, it can still help burn calories, improve cardiovascular health, and contribute to weight loss.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- 28-Day Flat Belly Challenge (2019, skinnyms.com)
- 2020 Flat Tummy Challenge (2020, chloeting.com)
- How To Get A Flat Tummy In A Month (2023, stylecraze.com)
- Losing Weight (n.d., cdc.gov)
- The 28-Day Shrink Stomach Challenge (2023, betterme.world)
- What is the Required Energy Deficit per unit Weight Loss? (2007, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)