Salmon is an excellent source of protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and this salad is a delicious and easy way to work it into your diet.
Read More: Zucchini, Arugula & Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 steak or filet of salmon
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- Diced scallions
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
If you tend to let yourself off the hook, raise the white flag when things get tougher than you expected, send yourself on an unconscious binge-eating trip – BetterMe app is here to help you leave all of these sabotaging habits in the past!
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F)
- Mix together the olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour the marinade into a ziplock bag. Marinate the salmon for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Drain the salmon and discard the marinade.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the marinated salmon steaks onto the sheet.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and fold the parchment paper over the salmon, not too tightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Once the salmon is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. Wash and dice the peppers, scallions, and tomatoes. Transfer the veggies into a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil and sprinkle some salt on top. Toss to combine.
- Spread the salad onto a serving plate and top with the salmon. Serve immediately.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Hearty Salmon Salad – Recipe (2021, youtube.com)