Positive Affirmations For Weight Loss
Diets and workouts have been considered two major keys to successful weight loss. While this is undoubtedly true, and changing your eating regimen and engaging in active training is indispensable for weight loss, psychological part of this process is often overlooked. This article offers you 30 positive affirmations for weight loss, which will get you into the mood to shed those pesky excess pounds.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
You are what you think, and your life stems from your thoughts – this is the thesis affirmations are grounded on.
The word affirmation comes from the Latin “affirmare”, at that time meaning “to make steady, strengthen.”. Positive affirmations are empowering statements that you repeat in order to amplify your confidence and boost your motivation to achieve your goals. These statements help you solidify and visualize your desired way of being or dealing with things in your life. Positive affirmations that you repeat with authority can accelerate the positive life changes you strive for, and improve your overall well-being.
They can decrease stress levels, better your health, reinforce your self-confidence, calm you down and ground you in the moment (5, 3, 4). They are tried-and-true methods of self-improvement, and they’re able to rewire your brain. Similarly to the workout, they raise the level of feel-good hormones and spurs our brains to form new clusters of “positive thought” neurons. In the sequence of thought-speech-action, affirmations play crucial role by breaking patterns of negative thoughts, negative speech, and, in turn, negative actions that preclude all the progress in the achievement of your set goals.
If you struggle to even flirt with the idea of giving up your favorite foods or working out till your legs give way – the BetterMe app is here to breathe a fresh perspective into the way you view the weight loss process! Check out the app and experience the fun side of fitness and dieting with BetterMe!
How Can Positive Affirmations Help?
Affirmations strengthen you as they make you believe in your dreams and your ability to achieve them. When you affirm your dreams, goals, and ambitions verbally, you are immediately unshackled from doubts, and gifted with a sense of reassurance in your abilities. With affirmations, the words can become your reality, as you become sure that you are strong enough to overcome all the difficulties that may come your way.
Yet you cannot rely exclusively on thoughts – you have to manifest them into your reality. That means you should be careful with your words and choose only those that you feel truly correspond with your goals and ambitions. Affirmations are a detox for your brain that helps eliminate all self-deprecating depressing thoughts and pave the way for a successful life.
Usually, people repeat positive affirmations in the present tense. This might be a bit confusing for some people when the affirmation doesn’t necessarily match the way they feel in that moment. However, the key here is making you believe the statement through repetition, and, consequently, experience the feeling associated with the meaning of the statement. In fact, this principle has quite a long history – it starts with the famous mathematician, physicist, and Christian theologist Blaise Pascal, who famously claimed, that if you don’t believe in God but you want to, you should pray, and through the prayer you’ll become a believer. Language and repetition make people do things, and you should never underestimate this, as this idea is supported both by old-time philosophers and modern science.
Positive Mindset Affirmation For Weight Loss
Here’s an example of a positive mindset affirmation for weight loss:
You strive to lose some weight. You say the affirmation out loud, «I believe in my ability to lose weight and keep it off». When you start believing in yourself through using positive affirmations for weight loss, it makes you feel better and helps you engage in more healthy routines rather than indulging in those sabotaging your attempts like breaking your diet or skipping your workout. The health changes you’re looking for will come more easily if you repeat the statements like «I love eating healthy food and nurturing my body».
So, without further ado, here are positive affirmations for women to succeed in weight loss.
30 Best Positive Affirmations For Weight Loss
- Losing weight is natural for me.
- I am joyfully achieving my weight loss goals.
- I am losing weight every single day.
- I love exercising regularly.
- I am eating foods contributing to my wellbeing.
- I eat only when I feel hungry.
- I now certainly see myself at my ideal weight.
- I adore the taste of healthy food.
- I control how much I eat.
- I enjoy exercising, it makes me feel very good.
- I am becoming fitter and stronger everyday through training.
- I can easily reach and maintain my ideal weight.
- I love and care for my body.
- I deserve to have a lean, healthy, and attractive body.
- I am constantly developing healthier eating habits.
- I find it quite easy to lose weight.
- I enjoy training.
- I am naturally slim.
- I believe in my ability to lose weight and keep it off.
- I deserve to be slim, healthy, and beautiful.
- I have a naturally healthy mind and body.
- I think positively and naturally lose weight.
- I find it easy to keep fit.
- I eat healthily and set a good example for my family.
- I only eat healthy foods.
- I eat at regular intervals throughout the day.
- I easily choose healthy snacks over junk food.
- I eat lots of fruits and veggies.
- I eat balanced meals every day.
- I am a disciplined eater.
Positive Affirmations For Weight Loss: Tips
Keep It Simple
Affirmations should be simple and easy for you to remember. Otherwise, you won’t be able to relax or fully comprehend what you’re saying. Plus you don’t want this part of your routine to feel like a chore!
Stand tall, relax your shoulders and perk up your posture. Say your affirmations one by one, in a slow, confident tone of voice – go through your affirmations list like you mean it, like you believe it, and as if it is actually real. It is essential to speak slowly and confidently. Confident speakers take their time, don’t rush their words, and pronounce each one properly and with deep meaning.
Fill Your Words With Emotions
The more positive emotions you invest into your affirmations while pronouncing them, the quicker your results will arrive. When you say your affirmation, feel it strongly, and get excited. Allow yourself to overflow with positive feelings.
As with any change you strive for, whether it is breaking an unwanted habit or learning a new skill like playing an instrument, its practice that makes perfect. At least as close to perfect as possible. The more often you practice your positive affirmations, the stronger your brain rewires itself to accept the mantras as true facts about yourself. This will assist in changes in your behavior, and associated positive feelings will take hold.
Get A Friend Or Hire A Coach
It is always helpful when there’s someone else to repeat your affirmation to you. As somebody is saying an affirmation, identify this statement as “good mothering” or “good fathering” messages. If you don’t have someone whom you feel comfortable asking for help, you may use your reflection in the mirror as the person who is reinforcing the positive message.
To sum up, positive affirmations for weight loss are a great add-on to your weight loss program, which will help you boost your self-confidence and motivation. Keep in mind that this is only an add-on though, and you won’t lose your pounds by simply saying affirmations out loud. It is crucial to stick to a healthy nutritious diet to get rid of extra pounds as well as work out systematically. Look into the Mediterranean or Keto diet for examples of nutritious dietary plans, and never forget to keep your fluid intake high as proper water consumption is crucial for your success (1, 2, 6).
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Dehydration (n.d., medlineplus.gov)
- Fluid replacement following dehydration reduces oxidative stress during recovery. (2009, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- Self-affirmation activates brain systems associated with self-related processing and reward and is reinforced by future orientation (2016, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- Self-Affirmation Improves Problem-Solving under Stress (2013, journals.plos.org)
- The psychology of change: self-affirmation and social psychological intervention (2014, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- Water Consumption Increases Weight Loss During a Hypocaloric Diet Intervention in Middle-aged and Older adults (2009, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)