Lentils pack a serious nutritional punch-they’re a great source of protein, fiber, iron, and potassium. They make the perfect base for this hearty bowl, which also features creamy avocado, fresh tomatoes, and sweet carrots for a filling and satisfying meal.
Hearty Lentil And Avocado Bowl
This colorful bowl is ideal for lunch, dinner or a light snack. The recipe is also quite adjustable – you can easily add in your favorite veggies. Feel free to swap out the lentils for another type of bean to make your meal even more diverse.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 medium-sized avocado
Lean and toned up body isn’t just a far-fetched fantasy. Check out the BetterMe app and watch it propel your weight loss journey into high gear!
- Cook the lentils according to the package instructions. They should be soft, but not mushy. To check, take a small bite-they should be cooked thoroughly, but still have some firmness to them.
- In a hot skillet, drizzle olive oil. Add chopped onions and minced garlic and cook until they are golden brown and caramelized.
- Add in carrots, tomatoes, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils. Simmer until well-combined.
- In a bowl, serve the lentils garnished with cilantro and sliced avocado.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Hearty lentil and avocado bowl (2021, youtube.com)