What are PH levels? PH balance is extremely important for our health. It stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total PH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A PH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a PH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal PH is slightly alkaline – 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
To rebalance PH levels you need to stick to an alkaline diet. This diet is a great decision for people who want to rebalance PH levels and fight inflammation, because it doesn’t include acidic foods that promote inflammation and disease. Alkaline diets prevent bloating, insomnia, poor memory, kidney stones, poor energy levels, high blood pressure, headaches, diabetes, heart disease, muscle pain and weak bones.
What’s more, alkaline diets support weight loss, treat arthritis, inflammation, and cancer! They increase the blood acidity, and the body leaches minerals from the bones and organs to restore the proper PH balance of 7,4. The PH levels are also important for cell signaling, which is vital for your cells to perform their individual tasks.
Today, we would like to present you with a 7-day alkaline diet plan to rebalance PH levels and fight inflammation. The creators of this alkaline diet plan are the nutritional therapist Vicki Edgson and organic chef Natasha Corrett. The goal of this diet is to maintain the pH between 7.35 and 7.45. Mr. Edgson and Mrs. Corrett believe this can be achieved by consuming 80 % alkaline foods and 20 % acidic foods.
By following the alkaline diet plan, you should consume foods such as: vegetables, fruits, peas, legumes, beans, soybeans, tofu, nuts, seeds, olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil. In addition, there is a list of products that must be consumed, including artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, beetroot, dates, figs, cauliflower, fennel, lemon, kale, spinach, and watercress.
Read More: Customized Meal Plan From BetterMe: Your Personalized Diet For Efficient Weight Loss
What’s more, you should avoid processed foods, sugar, dairy, meat, eggs, alcohol, most grains, caffeine, soy, processed corn, safflower and sunflower oils, hydrogenated oil and margarine.
A 7-Day Alkaline Diet Plan
- Breakfast: chia and strawberry quinoa
- Snack: an orange
- Lunch: sweet and savory salad
- Snack: 1/2 cup toasted nuts and dried fruits
- Dinner: simple green salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 3-4 oz. roasted chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and parsnips.
Want to build an attention-grabbing bubble butt, blast away the fat that’s stored in all the wrong places, spring-clean your diet, turn back the clock on your skin, skyrocket your self-confidence and shatter your insecurities? Check out the BetterMe app and set this plan in motion!
- Breakfast: vegan apple parfait
- Snack: 1 pear
- Lunch: savory avocado wraps and white bean stew
- Snack: 1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- Dinner: simple cucumber salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. 3-4 oz. roasted chicken with roasted Brussels sprouts with red peppers
- Breakfast: berry purple smoothie
- Snack: 1 mango
- Lunch: Asian sesame dressing and noodles
- Snack: a handful of dried apricot
- Dinner: 4 oz. oven-roasted salmon, ½ baked sweet potato, curried beets and greens
- Breakfast: apple and almond butter oats
- Snack: 1 banana
- Lunch: green goddess bowl
- Snack: a handful of almonds
- Dinner: kale pesto zucchini noodles
- Breakfast: power smoothie
- Snack: an avocado
- Lunch: quinoa burrito bowl
- Snack: a handful dates
- Dinner: wild rice mushroom and almond risotto
- Breakfast: chia breakfast pudding
- Snack: ½ cup blueberries
- Lunch: miso soup with fermented tofu
- Snack: a handful of macadamia nuts
- Dinner: roasted root vegetables with 4 oz salmon
- Breakfast: quinoa porridge
- Snack: a few slices of cantaloupe
- Lunch: Mexican quinoa salad
- Snack: a handful of dried coconut slices
- Dinner: pumpkin soup.
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Alkaline Diets (2018, webmd.com)
- Does the alkaline diet work? (2019, medicalnewstoday.com)
- The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That an Alkaline pH Diet Benefits Health? (2011, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- What Is an Alkaline Diet? (2018, livestrong.com)