Are you tired of struggling with that stubborn belly fat that just won’t seem to shrink no matter what you do? You’re not alone. For many people, achieving a flat stomach can be a frustrating and stressful process.
But what if we told you that there’s a way to target that pesky belly fat that is both efficient and fun? Enter wall pilates – a form of Pilates that incorporates a wall for added resistance. Not only is wall pilates a great way to tone your abs, but it also offers a range of benefits that traditional one.
Pilates exercises do not. In this blog post we’re sharing the top five reasons why you should give wall pilates a try for a flatter tummy. Let’s Get Ready To .. feel the burn! (in all the right places!)
Can You Lose Belly Fat With Pilates?
Yes, Pilates can help you lose belly fat if practiced consistently along with a balanced diet and proper hydration.
Pilates is an excellent low-impact exercise that targets the deep muscles of your core, including the transverse abdominis, which is responsible for stabilizing the spine and flattening the tummy. It tones the muscles, making them stronger and more defined (2).
Consistent Pilates practice can increase your muscle mass, which in turn can help you burn more calories, even while at rest (1). Additionally, Pilates can improve your posture and alignment, which can accentuate the appearance of a flatter stomach.
That said, it’s important to note that spot reduction of belly fat is not possible with any exercise, including Pilates. For overall weight loss and belly fat reduction, a combination of Pilates, cardio exercises, and a healthy diet is the most effective approach.
Why Is Pilates For Belly Fat Beginners’ Solution?
There are 5 reasons why wall pilates is especially beneficial for belly fat beginners:
- It’s low impact and can be practiced safely at home.
- It requires little to no equipment, making it very accessible and convenient.
- It is a great way to build your core strength quickly and safely.
- Learning the basic wall pilates positions will give you a solid foundation to move onto more advanced belly fat exercises.
- It helps stretch and strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and back, which can improve posture and reduce belly fat.
Which Is The Best Wall Pilates Workout For Belly Fat?
Below are some of the best Pilates stomach exercises for getting rid of belly fat.
- Planks – these are an excellent core exercise that can help to strengthen your abdominal muscles.
- Flutter Kicks – a great way to target the lower abdominal muscles.
- Hip Lifts – this is a Pilates move that strengthens your abdominal muscles and helps sculpt your waistline.
- Leg Lifts – this move can help to work the deeper abdominal muscles, as well as tone your legs.
- Reaching Toes Up and Down – this exercise can help to target and tone your obliques.
Do You Need A Pilates Reformer For Belly Fat?
The wall provides the extra resistance necessary to tone and strengthen your core muscles, especially your abdominal muscles. It’s an effective way to sculpt and tone your abs without the need for expensive Pilates equipment.
Wall Pilates for stomach and waist works best when done regularly, along with a healthy diet and other forms of exercise. A wall is an excellent tool for targeting your abdominal muscles and improving your posture, both of which can help you get the flat stomach you want.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Effects of a Pilates exercise program on muscle strength, postural control and body composition: results from a pilot study in a group of post-menopausal women (2015, nih.gov)
- Marked effects of Pilates on the abdominal muscles: a longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study (2012, nih.gov)