Are you looking for a female version of a 3-day workout plan to help you lose weight? If you are, then you are in luck. In this read, we will be exploring a 3-day workout plan that is female-oriented for weight loss. It is simple and has been specifically designed for individuals at the beginner fitness level. In addition to weight loss, this circuit can also help with toning and maintaining your ideal weight. That said, before you start following this regime, make sure you get a go-ahead from your doctor and trainer.
The Best Workout Plan For Female Beginners
Unfortunately, most female beginners in the fitness industry tend to have a rough time determining what exercise regime best suits them. Most programs tend to contain complex workouts or workouts that require them to use equipment, some of which might not be readily available.
Due to this, most women opt for other programs like diet plans for weight loss instead of working out. We understand the frustrations that such women face, so we have designed this 3 day split workout plan for female beginners.
Before you implement this circuit we advise you first to seek professional guidance. Secondly, we recommend you also focus on good nutrition because diet and exercise go hand-in-hand.
Likewise, we suggest you never make any changes to this workout plan without consulting with your trainer. Even if it is as simple as increasing reps or sets, we advise you to do this after getting your instructor’s green light. With that out of the way, let us explore this workout plan.
A 3-Day Workout Plan For Female Beginners
Congratulations on your decision to start exercising. This positive choice will motivate you to keep pushing. We have made things easier for you by developing an easy 3-day workout schedule for female beginners.
On these three days, we will be targeting different muscle groups. It is crucial that you have rest days and not exercise throughout the seven days of the week because your muscles need recovery and growth time.
Here is an overview of how we have structured the workout plan:
- Day 1: Target is the legs and abdomen
- Day 2: Rest day
- Day 3: Target is the chest and shoulders
- Day 4: Rest day
- Day 5: Target is the back, biceps, and arms
- Day 6: Rest day
- Day 7: Rest day
The 3-Day Workout Circuit
Let us delve deeper into this exercise regime to determine what exercises you are required to perform. They are as follows:
Day 1: Legs And Abdomen
On this day, you will be focusing on exercises that target your core and leg muscles. As we mentioned earlier, this workout plan has been designed for female beginners. So, most of these exercises will look at the regular variation. Similarly, there will be no use of weights or equipment. Here are the activities you will be required to perform on this day:
- Stand upright and take one giant step forward using your right leg.
- Lower yourself as if you are kneeling but make sure you rest your knee slightly above the floor. Your body weight should be felt on the ball of your foot.
- Hold this position for some seconds before returning to the initial starting position. Repeat ten times before switching legs.
If you’ve mustered up the courage to crush your weight loss goal, let Betterme take the sting out of this demanding process. Our app will help you restructure your habits, remold your life and crank up your fitness results!
Body Weight Squats
Most trainers will tell you that a workout is not complete if you have not performed squats. They are effective exercises that help in toning your entire body. To perform them, all you have to do is:
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Breathe in and begin to crouch down as if you are taking a seat. This will mean pushing your butt behind and bending your knees to get into this squatting position. You can clasp your hands in front of your chest or stretch them forward.
- Hold this squatting stance for a second or two.
- Exhale and return to the standing position. As you come up, clench your glutes to give them an added workout.
- Repeat at least ten times.
These abdominal exercises for beginners are also known as scissor kicks. Do not be fooled by their simplicity because they effectively strengthen your core, hip, and lower back muscles (3). Here is a guide on how to perform these kicks (3):
- Lie on your back with your hands by your sides and palms facing down.
- Lift your legs from the floor and start kicking your right leg over the left one as if you are swimming.
- Kick for at least 60 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, and repeat at least three times.
The next exercise in this circuit to be performed on this day is the bicycle crunches. The exercise highly targets your abdominal area and will give this area a thorough workout. Here is how you do these crunches (3):
- Lie on your back and place your hands behind your head or on your ears as if you are trying to listen to something distant.
- Bend your knees. Raise the right knee from the floor and try to bring it close to your chest. As you do this, twist and lift your left elbow, trying to make it touch your right knee.
- Extend the right leg and try to bring the left leg to your chest and right elbow to touch your right knee.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times on each side.
- Get into a high plank position. This position means that you are resting on the balls of your feet and palms. Your back must be straight, arms directly under your shoulders and at least shoulder-width apart.
- Slightly tuck in your pelvis and start bringing your right knee towards the chest and then back. Pick up the pace and also do the same for the left leg. It will appear as if you are jogging but while laying prone.
- Experts advise you to do at least 15 to 20 reps on each side.
These are the exercises you will be required to do on the first day of this workout plan. Feel free to seek the help of a trainer if you need more guidance with these exercises. You will rest on day two and then resume with the exercise program on day three.
Day 3: Chest And Shoulders
There is an assumption that chest exercises are only meant for men. The belief is that performing chest exercises can make women masculine, which might not blend with their physique. Following this belief, most women tend to avoid doing chest exercises. The reality is that women need to exercise their chest as it helps lift sagging breasts and chests (5). The following workouts can help you attain this goal:
The Incline Pushup
The incline pushup is a safe and effective pushup variation for female beginners who want to tone their chest area. To perform it, you must (8):
- Lie face down with your hands resting on something sturdy like a bench or desk. Make sure your hands are slightly wider than the shoulder-width distance and that your feet are stretched behind and also hip-width apart.
- Start lowering your body towards the ground but rest your chest 4 or 8 inches above the bench.
- Hold for a second, and then stretch your arms to return to the initial stance.
- Repeat this ten times.
Reasons why BetterMe is a safe bet: a wide range of calorie-blasting workouts, finger-licking recipes, 24/7 support, challenges that’ll keep you on your best game, and that just scratches the surface! Start using our app and watch the magic happen.
The inchworm exercise will help in working out your shoulders. All you have to do is (1):
- Stand upright with your feet either together or slightly apart.
- Tighten your abs, exhale, and start to bend downwards while keeping your legs straight.
- Touch the floor and start to crawl forward until you are in a pushup position. Hold for a second or two and then crawl back to the starting position.
- Repeat ten times.
Contralateral Limb Raises
The following limb raises target your shoulder muscles, and here is how you perform them (1):
- Lie on your belly and extend your legs behind. Make sure your toes are pointing away from your shin.
- Stretch your arms overhead and let your palms face each other.
- Tighten your core, exhale, and start raising the opposite arm and leg a few inches from the ground.
- Hold this stance for some seconds before repeating the same on the other limbs.
- Do this at least ten times.
The Regular Pushup
The other chest exercise to perform on this day is the regular or standard pushup. To perform a pushup:
- Place your palms on the floor and extend your legs behind. Make sure you are resting on your palms and the balls of your feet. Make sure your arms are directly under your shoulders and that your back is kept straight.
- Start to lower your body towards the floor but rest your chest a few inches above the ground. If you find this hard to perform in this stance, try the pushup on your knees. All you have to do is get on your fours and continue following these steps.
- Pause for a second or two, and then stretch your arms to return to the starting position.
- Repeat ten times.
You can do a set or two of these exercises, depending on what your instructor recommends. Remember also to perform warm-up and cool-down exercises before and after performing these workouts, respectively.
Day 5: Back, Biceps, And Arms
This 3 day a week workout plan for female beginners ends on day five. On this day, it targets your arms, biceps, and back. Below are some of the exercises planned for you to perform on this day:
- Start on the floor with your elbows and lower arms resting on the floor. Make sure your elbows are in line with your shoulders.
- Lift your body off the floor until your back is straight and your body forms a horizontal line to the floor.
- Keep your feet together, head facing down, and toes flexed to help support the body.
- Hold this position for 20 or 30 seconds. During the hold, do not arch your back or make any movements to disrupt your form.
- After 20 or 30 seconds, lower to the floor and rest for a minute.
- Repeat three to five minutes.
Burpees have been scheduled to be performed on this day because they are an excellent full-body exercise, meaning they will also target your arms, back, and triceps. Below are the steps to help you do a burpee:
- Start in a standing position and then drop down into a squat. Remember to keep your back straight and breathe in as you lower to the squatting stance.
- Instead of returning to the standing position, you will move down into a high plank position. Keep in mind that your spine, back, and neck must be kept neutral while in a high plank position.
- Do a pushup and then return to the standing stance. If this proves challenging, try to walk out of the push up instead of jumping. Similarly, you can lower the pace or do away with the push up until you can comfortably incorporate it into the exercise.
The Bridge Exercise
The Bridge exercise is sometimes listed among yoga poses. It helps in stretching and strengthening your back muscles. Here is how you perform it (2):
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, and put your feet firmly pressing on the ground.
- Relax your head and shoulders on the ground, and let your arms rest by your sides with palms facing down.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and start raising your hips off the ground and up towards the ceiling.
- Hold the position for at least three deep breaths and then return to the starting stance.
- Do this five times.
The Bottom Line
The following 3-day workout plan for female beginners can help you lose weight or tone your body. All you have to do is follow the circuit as it has been designed and maintain the correct form of the exercises.
Do not be afraid to ask for help or assistance if you find it hard to perform any of the exercises listed in this regime. Keep in touch with us in the comment section and let us know how you are progressing with this routine. Nonetheless, we do wish you the very best with this routine.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on for decision-making. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- 10 Best Shoulder Exercises for Your Home Workout (2021, medicinenet.com)
- Back exercises (2016, mayoclinic.org)
- Best Ab Exercises for Beginners (2020, webmd.com)
- Best Exercises for Lower Abs (2020, webmd.com)
- Chest Exercises to Help Tone and More (2005, webmd.com)
- List of the best full-body exercises (2019, medicalnewstoday.com)
- What are the best exercises for overall health and fitness? (2020, medicalnewstoday.com)
- What are the best lower chest exercises? (2019, medicalnewstoday.com)