We invite you to tone your body and get in shape fast using this 21 days workout schedule for total body transformation. The 21 days workout challenge includes exercises that help tone all your muscle groups. These are easy to perform and have a long list of benefits. For example, the moves incorporated can help torch calories and help reduce the risk of obesity and cardiovascular diseases due to reduced body fat. So what are you waiting for? Here is the best transformation schedule to shed those pounds you gained over lockdown and end up leaving you at your best!
The 21 Days Workout Schedule
Before we delve into the workouts, let us go through a 21 days workout challenge overview. For a detailed coverage, we have divided up the overview in various sections. Check them out:
- Aim: This workout challenge aims to help any individual who wants to get shredded and transform their physique in three weeks. Although this is the primary goal, the objectives also include weight loss and muscle mass and strength development.
- Target: This challenge can be followed by any man or woman whose doctor has cleared them to follow it. You must check with your doctor before you start any exercise program, especially if you have bad knees or medical conditions like diabetes and asthma.
- Rest. We have set aside Sundays for your rest day. That said, anyone looking for faster results can take up a low or moderate activity like yoga.
- Equipment. All you need to complete this 3-week total body transformation workout challenge is a pair of dumbbells. Make sure you are using comfortable weights to minimize injury risk.
- Warm-up. You must perform a warm-up session for at least five minutes before jumping into the workouts. The session will help elevate your heartbeat and loosen tight muscles to prepare them for the upcoming activity.
- Cool-down. This is also a must whenever you complete a workout session. It is critical as it helps reduce pain, soreness, and stiffness resulting from a workout. Let your cool down exercises be light as your focus is not elevating the heart rate. Opt for stretching or static exercises for your cool down.
The Best Measures That Can Help You
In addition to the points above, here are some of the best measures that can help you reap the most. They are as follows:
- Good Nutrition. The trick to getting shredded fast is cutting calories from carbohydrates and eating more protein. Most people who want to get shredded are asked to consume a cutting diet. This is an eating plan that helps an individual lose fat and maintain muscle (1). It is sometimes referred to as the shredding diet. Talk to your doctor and nutritionist before making any dietary changes.
- Hydration. When working out, you tend to lose water through your breath and sweat (3). This is one of the primary reasons why you need to drink water during your exercise routine. Similarly, you also need to drink water before working out. According to WebMD, this lubricates your entire body and helps your body function efficiently during the workout (3).
The Workout Schedule
Below is the weekly workout plan that you will perform for the next three weeks. Before we look at the toning exercises included in this plan, let us emphasize the need to use the proper form. Make sure you use the appropriate form to prevent injuries and help you get the most from the workout plan. Here is the schedule of this cutting workout plan:
- Monday: Full Body
- Tuesday: Upper Body
- Wednesday: Lower Body
- Thursday: Pilates
- Friday: Yoga
- Saturday: Total Body Cardio
- Sunday: Rest
The Full Body Workout Plan
We will start this workout challenge in high gear using this full-body workout plan. It is set to increase your heart rate and rev your metabolism to help you burn calories faster. Perform two to three sets of each exercise, and rest for 30 seconds between each movement. The exercises are as follows:
- Squat into side leg lift (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Standing side crunch (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Single leg deadlift to reverse lunge (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Renegade row to triceps kickback (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Rest for one minute
- Side lunge into a bent-over row (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Forward lunge into the overhead press (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Good mornings (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Woodchop (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
BetterMe app will kick you out of the mental funk, shake off your extra weight, rid you off your energy-zapping habits, and help you sculpt the body of your dreams. Intrigued? Hurry up and change your life for the better!
The Upper Body Workout Plan
The following upper body workout routine helps in toning all your upper body muscles. These include the chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back, and abs. The exercises to perform include:
- Reverse crunches (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Incline dumbbell chest fly (reps 12-15, sets 3-4)
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press (reps 12-15, sets 3-4)
- Bent-over dumbbell rear-deltoid raise (reps 12-15, sets -4)
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Dumbbell pullover (reps 12-15, sets 3-4)
- Bicep curl to overhead press (reps 10-12, sets 2-3)
- Alternating forward to lateral raise (reps 10-12, sets 2-3)
- Bent over row (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
The Lower Body Workout Plan
The exercises included in this lower schedule will tone all your lower body muscles, including your glutes, calves, thighs, hamstrings, and quads. These toning exercises include:
- Jump squats (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Bulgarian split squat (reps 10-12, sets 2-3)
- Alternating plyo lunge (reps 12-15, sets 3-4)
- Dumbbell goblet squat
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Weighted step-ups (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Hip thrusters (weighted) (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Weighted calf raises (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Support single leg deadlift (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
The Pilates Workout Plan
We had to include Pilates in this toning program as they help sculpt your muscles more, improving flexibility, posture, and overall well-being (2). The Pilates plan consists of the following exercises:
- Knee hover with marching (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
- Knee hover with a pulse (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
- Opposite arm and leg reach (Time: 45 secs (on each side), reps 2-3)
- Standing roll down (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Fire hydrants (Time: 45 secs (on each leg), reps 2-3)
- Side teaser (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
- Double leg stretch (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
- Scissors (Time: 45 secs, reps 2-3)
Yoga Workout Plan
Besides toning, yoga is also important in improving balance and flexibility. You must perform each of the indicated exercises for 45 seconds. Here are the yoga exercises you will be performing in this plan:
- Warrior I
- Warrior II
- Triangle pose
- One leg T standing
- Camel pose
- Downward facing dog
- Upward facing dog
- Applied dancing
The Total Body Cardio Workout Plan
Here is another round of working out your entire body to maximize the rate at which you strip away fat for quicker results:
- Lateral lunge (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Plank jacks (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Stiff-legged dumbbell deadlift (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Hammer bent over row (reps 15-20, sets 2-3)
- Rest for one minute
- Reverse flye (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Dumbbell goblet squat (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Floor press (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
- Seated triceps press (reps 12-15, sets 2-3)
Lean and toned up body isn’t just a far-fetched fantasy. Check out the BetterMe app and watch it propel your weight loss journey into high gear!
Why It Works
This 21 days workout schedule for total body transformation works as it helps torch more calories to blast away fat and build proper activation for muscle growth. It also helps an individual increase muscle strength, improves balance and flexibility, and reduces the risk of diseases.
All of these benefits are the reasons why we urge you to take up this three-week challenge for an entire body transformation. However, this is only after you get clearance from your doctor and trainer. Some other tips to help you gain the most from this workout challenge include:
- Listening to Your Body. Stop exercising if you experience unbearable or consistent pain. Excessive pain indicates that something is wrong, and you need to seek medical attention immediately.
- Paying Attention to intensity. Remember that your muscles need a thorough or intense activity for a challenge. However, this does not mean for you to kill yourself with cumbersome loads that are strenuous to lift. Stick to comfortable loads and only increase weights when your trainer gives you the go-ahead.
- Holding the Poses and Stretches. The yoga poses and stretches included in this plan help improve flexibility and fight muscle tension and tightness. However, this is if only one holds the poses and stretches. Hold them for at least thirty seconds while maintaining the proper posture and alignment for added benefits.
- Maintaining a Slow Pace. Do not rush through this workout plan, as it only increases your injury risk. Instead, we propose performing all exercises slowly and in a controlled manner.
- Seeking Help. Always seek help if you do not know the correct exercise form or technique. You can also seek help if you need an energy boost to keep up with the routine. A major mistake you can make is keeping quiet and suffering in silence.
The Bottom Line
Do you want to blast away fat and tone your body to get your desired body shape? If so, then this 21 days workout schedule for total body transformation is what you need. The 21 day workout schedule has been specifically tailored to help with his fitness goal. Remember to talk to your doctor and trainer before implementing this challenge.
Take up a challenge and try this 20-min Full Body Workout At Home to get a snatched body.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on for decision-making. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!