If you are thinking of getting your body ready for the beach, there is a super-effective diet that can help you achieve your body goals. This is a 1700-calorie diet for weight loss.
Following this diet, you need to focus on healthy food. A balanced mix of foods from all the food groups is recommended on the 1700 Calorie Diet. It’s great because your body will get enough vitamins and minerals to stay energetic and healthy. The 1700 calorie diet includes foods such as vegetables, lean meats, fruits, low-fat dairy, whole grains, and fats.
To extract all the benefits of this diet, you need to stick to the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. Most nutritionists suggest the following breakdown:
Read More: The Pescatarian Diet: What Is It and How to Follow?
- 50% of calories from carbohydrates = 850 calories from carbs or 212 grams of carbs per day
- 10-30% of calories from healthy fats = 170 – 459 calories or 18 – 51 grams of fats
- 20-30% of calories from protein = 340 – 459 calories or 85 – 114 grams of protein
To achieve good results, you need to eat 1700 calories a day of healthy food and stick to the proper balance of carbs, proteins, and fats. However, do not count on rapid weight loss. The thing is, this diet works in the long term. So, you can expect a slow, gradual weight loss of a half a pound to 2 pounds per week.
Whether you’re a workout beast or just a beginner making your first foray into the world of fitness and dieting – BetterMe has a lot to offer to both newbies and experts! Install the app and experience the versatility first-hand!
Advantages And Disadvantages Of The 1700-Calorie Diet
- people who follow this diet are more likely to maintain weight
- it’s a healthy way to lose weight
- you get enough calories to support proper nutrition
- this diet can lead you to a healthy lifestyle
- the 1700 calorie diet is highly customizable
- you have to count calories
- cooking skills are a plus
- this diet requires some planning and work
- the diet works in the long term
Here Is A 1700-Calorie Meal Plan For A Day
This one-day menu contains 1700 calories with 100 grams of protein, 68 grams of fat, and 179 grams of carbohydrates.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, cooked anyway you prefer, 1 slice whole-grain toast with 1 tsp butter, 1/2 grapefruit
- Morning Snack: 1/2 cup of fresh berries, 1/2 cup of low-fat plain yogurt
- Lunch: a grilled chicken sandwich made with 3 ounces of grilled chicken, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and low-fat mayo on 2 slices of whole-grain bread, mixed green salad with 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Afternoon Snack: 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 1 small apple, 6 whole-grain crackers
- Dinner: 4 ounces of salmon or tuna, 1 cup of broccoli drizzled with a tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 cup of brown rice.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- A 1,700-Calorie Diet (2019, livestrong.com)
- Very Low-Calorie Diets: What You Need to Know (2018, webmd.com)
- Sample Menus for a 1,700 Low-Calorie Diet (2020, verywellfit.com)