Nowadays, everyone is crazy about exercise and diet. People want to make a better version of themselves by adding difficulties in their lives like high intensity workouts and strict diets. In fact, this is an erroneous view!
All you need to do is maintain a healthy lifestyle. Proper diet and simple training is the key to a healthy lifestyle. Unless you are training for a fitness competition of some sport! We recommend you take the basic concept of the 80/20 rule, which follows the principle that 80% of weight loss comes from making healthy changes to your diet and the remaining 20% comes from being physically active.
If you are just starting out in your fitness journey, we recommend you find a suitable form of exercise that you enjoy. Start your journey with walking. Why should you choose walking? Walking has a number of benefits such as: maintains a healthy weight, prevents or manages various conditions (heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes), strengthens your bones and muscles, improves your mood, improves your balance and coordination. That’s enough for a start, isn’t it?
So, we have prepared a 21-day walking plan for fat loss. This 21-day walking plan will help you achieve your body goals. But do not get hung up for 21 days, you have to include this exercise in your daily routine. Scroll down to see this 21-day walking plan for fat loss!
21-Day Walking Plan for Fat Loss
Easy: Should feel like a stroll
Moderate: Pace increases, but you can still hold a conversation
Fast: Talking should be tough
WEEK 1 (Optional: split the minutes between morning and evening)
- Day 1 – Start with 10 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace.
- Day 2 – Walk for 12 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace.
- Day 3 – Walk for 15 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace.
- Day 4 – Walk for 18 minutes. It may be easier to split the minutes from this point until the end of the week. Walk 9 minutes in the morning and 9 minutes at night.
- Day 5 – Walk for 20 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace. Walk 10 minutes in the morning and 10 at night.
- Day 6 – Walk for 22 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace. Walk 11 minutes in the morning and 11 at night.
- Day 7 – Walk for 25 minutes. Keep an easy and steady pace. Walk 13 minutes in the morning and 12 at night.
WEEK 2 – Increase intensity from easy to moderate
- Day 8 – Walk 14 minutes. 2 minutes easy, 10 minutes fast, and 2 minutes easy cool down.
- Day 9 – Walk 16 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 10 – Walk 18 minutes. 3 minutes easy, 12 minutes fast, and 3 minutes easy.
- Day 11 – Walk 20 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 12 – Walk 22 minutes. 4 minutes easy, 14 minutes fast, and 4 minutes easy.
- Day 13 – Walk 24 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 14 – Walk 26 minutes. 5 minutes easy, 16 minutes fast, and 5 minutes easy.
WEEK 3 – Increase elevation
- Day 15 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 15 minutes. Cool down with 2 minutes of easy walking at the end.
- Day 16 – Walk 25 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 17 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 17 minutes. Add 2 minutes of fast walk.
- Day 18 – Walk 27 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 19 – Walk up/down the stairs or a path with increasing elevation for 17 minutes. Cool down with 3 minutes of easy walking at the end.
- Day 20 – Walk 30 minutes with a moderate pace.
- Day 21 – Fast walk for 25 minutes and end with an 8-minute easy walk.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!