Bodyweight is among the most sensitive yet constant conversations that people have when it comes to fitness. Most people stand on a scale and immediately start making body transformation goals. It happens if you are not comfortable with how much you weigh or your current body shape. The dilemma about this topic is not even transforming your body but instead how fast you can do it. While some want to transform their body in a year, others want to do it in a month or six weeks. So, they will start making plans to help them with 6-week body transformations, for example.
It is very common to picture your body transformation. However, thinking about it day and night will not do the trick. Similarly, making plans may not be effective if they are not realistic. You ought to work towards your ideal physique using a practical and effective diet and workout plan.
Perhaps you want to transform your body within six weeks. If this is the case, then we have the perfect 6-week body transformation workouts, advice, and tips for you. They are all scientifically backed up and effective to implement.
Designing A 6-Week Workout Plan: Do’s And Don’ts
If you are looking to get lean and build a great physique, then this workout plan is designed especially for you. Within 6 weeks, you are bound to gain numerous fitness benefits, including transforming your body shape.
However, before you start this regime, consult with your doctor and fitness coach. They must validate that you are of good health and physical fitness to partake in this exercise program. Again, they can provide you with some guidance and motivation to keep you dedicated throughout these six weeks (10).
Additionally, before starting this workout plan, remember to take heed to the following aspects. They will help you sustain and see this regime to the end.
Your Fitness Goals
Of course, you will need to have some goals in mind before you start this workout plan. Most importantly, you have to remember to do this for yourself. Remember to not start this exercise program because your friends have started it.
In the long run, or when things get challenging, you are most likely to call it quits. Instead, join the program because you want to. It will help in determining your goals. One of the most important goals for starting this 6-week workout plan could be transforming your body shape.
No one is demanding you to nail your pushups or complete your sets or reps the first day. What matters is that you give it your all and are determined to keep challenging yourself daily. Therefore, take baby steps, especially if you are a beginner.
Do not try to overdo the reps or do too much too quickly. Experts argue that this only makes you tired, sore, and perhaps injured, triggering you to drop off from the program (2). Instead, they recommend taking things easy first and then challenging yourself as you progress.
Your inner thoughts may tempt you to skip your workouts, especially when your body starts getting sore and tired. If not, you may be tempted to keep postponing your exercises, ultimately making you lack time to complete this workout plan.
It all comes down to your motivation or morale. You can try to steer into the workout spirit by tagging along with a friend. Having a friend who always shows up when you are expected to workout will help in keeping you on your toes. As a result, you will hardly ever skip a workout.
Exercising can only transform your body to a certain extent. It may not even yield results if you are yet to make some dietary changes. Therefore, go back to the drawing board and evaluate your meal plans and portions.
Experts recommend that you consume a healthful diet if you want to transform your body (7). A healthful diet entails the following:
- Nutrient-dense foods from all food groups
- Healthy (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats)
- Limited added sugars and preservatives
- Meals prepared from low-fat cooking methods
What To Include In A 6-Week Workout Plan?
As the name implies, the following exercise program is to be conducted for one month and two weeks. During this period, you are expected to abide by this program and consume a healthy diet.
Usually, such a workout plan may incorporate various exercises. For example, it may include both cardio and strength training. If not, it can include aerobic activities and some cardiovascular activities.
Let us evaluate some integral exercises that hardly lack from such workout plans:
Cardiovascular activities, better known as cardio, are majorly included in long term workout plans. They are highly considered, especially when you want to lose weight and gain a specific body shape. They range from activities like cycling, running, walking, jogging, to swimming.
Two vital cardio activities that rarely miss from such a workout plan are walking and running. They are very efficient activities, especially for beginners. Experts recommend that you walk or run for 20 or 30 minutes four or five times a week (5).
To figure out if you can start a walking or running 6-week workout plan, talk to your doctor and trainer. Some health conditions like knee injuries may prevent you from taking part in such a regime.
If you do get their go-ahead, then remember to increase the workout intensity weekly. You can try to run a further kilometer or two every week. If not, you can increase your workout duration by ten minutes every week.
It will help in further challenging your body, which will mean burning more calories. With time, you will notice some changes in your body weight or breathing. It is more likely that you will have shed some weight and better breathing compared to when you started.
BetterMe app will provide you with a host of fat-frying fitness routines that’ll scare the extra pounds away and turn your body into a masterpiece! Get your life moving in the right direction with BetterMe!
Strength Training/Weight Lifting
Most 6-week body transformations also widely incorporate strength training programs. Hardly a workout plan for men, especially lack some weight lifting exercises. They are among the best exercises to help you get shredded.
However, they do not assure total body transformations in the course of these six weeks. They will certainly lead to some changes, but in some cases, not the exact changes you want. It happens because we tend to have different body shapes.
So, some body types may require more effort than others before seeing the desired results. Again, your body may react differently to various exercise programs. It means that you cannot exactly pinpoint when you will attain your desired body goals.
Nonetheless, you can try incorporating strength training programs in your workout plan for faster results. You can try different exercises targeting different muscles or areas. Experts suggest you do strength training programs at least two days a week (9).
Therefore, throughout the week, you can try to also incorporate some cardio. Remember to rest some days a week to give your muscles time to heal and recover.
You also have to include stretching exercises in such a workout plan. They are not only effective for your physical but also mental well-being (4). Additionally, these exercises are great in helping your muscles loosen up, especially if they are tight.
Tight muscles have been known to reduce your range of motion. You can also perform stretching exercises after your workout to help you cool down. This may help in increasing the flexibility of various areas such as your hips. If not, these workouts may help in reducing pain.
For example, you might have seen or been asked to perform a particular stretch to reduce your back pain. They also help in pain management. The list of the benefits of these exercises is endless.
To reap the most from them in this workout plan, try to perform them alongside other workouts. For instance, you can do stretching exercises after running or lifting weights. In such a case, consider the most effective exercise that matches the activity you just performed.
Therefore, if you are running, look for stretching exercises for runners. They may include workouts such as the side lunges and cobra stretch.
It happens that sometimes you cannot keep up with a 6-week workout plan. It may be the case if it is your first time working out. On the other hand, it may happen if your schedule is distracted and tends to be more constraining.
If you cannot manage to sustain such a long workout plan, you can start with a weekly workout plan. It means that you have to exercise for only a week. Such a plan may help in building your consistency and workout discipline.
Below is a sample of a weekly circuit that is ideal for both men and women at home. Note that some of these exercises can also be incorporated into your 6-week body transformation workout plan.
For example, exercises such as squats, push-ups, planks, and bicep curls. These are very effective workouts in shedding body fat and helping sculpt your body as desired. Here is the sample:
Day 1: Targeting Your Chest, Shoulders, And Triceps
You can divide your days and choose to allocate specific workouts for a specific day. For instance, you can choose to start by working on your triceps, shoulders, and chest. In this case, your plan may require you to perform the following exercises:
Push-ups are a great full-body exercise and very effective for your chest and shoulders (8). You can do a set of three, each containing ten reps. Here is how you do a push-up correctly:
- Place your hands on the ground and make sure they are directly beneath your shoulders. Similarly, let them be shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your feet back and tighten your core. Your body should be resting on the balls of your feet. Keep your back straight and let it be parallel to the ground.
- Start to slowly lower your body, which will make your elbows bend. Rest your body a few inches above the ground before slowly pushing it back up. Remember to engage your core as you do this.
The Shoulder Press
Still in this circuit, you will be required to complete three sets of this exercise. Each set contains ten reps. Below is how you perform a shoulder press:
- Hold some dumbbells in each of your hands and let your palms face downward. Stretch your elbows to the side and let them bend at a 90-degree angle.
- Stretch your elbows to press these loads overhead.
- Return your arms to the initial starting position and repeat.
The Tricep Extensions
The last exercise for this day is the tricep extensions. Like the previous two exercises, you also ought to perform three sets, each with ten reps. To do these extensions, follow these steps:
- Hold a dumbbell in each of your hands and extend your arms over your head.
- Bend them at the elbows, so the loads start to lower toward the back.
- Stretch your arms back up and above your head.
- Do this severally.
Day 2: Targeting Your Back And Biceps
In this weekly workout sample obtained from the Medical News Today website, you will target your back and biceps next (6). On this day, your circuit will contain two exercises, which are the weighted rows and the bicep curls.
The Weighted Rows
To perform these rows, you ought to do the following:
- Place your right knee on either a bench or chair. Extend the left leg fully on the ground. You can also alternate the legs as preferred.
- Lean forward, so your upper body is entirely parallel to the ground.
- Grab a dumbbell or weight in your left hand. Pull this load up and towards your chest. Try to keep your elbow as close as possible to your side. Maintain this position for some seconds.
- Lower the weight slowly to the starting position and repeat.
- Do ten reps on each side before you switch sides. Do three sets.
The Bicep Curls
Bicep curls are common workouts that men do when they want to target their biceps. They are very straightforward workouts, which entail you do the following:
- Start by holding a dumbbell in each hand with your arms resting at your sides.
- Bend your right elbow and raise this arm towards your chest. The left-arm should be by your side as you are only working the right one.
- Hold this position for some seconds before slowly lowering it. Do ten reps on this arm before switching sides and doing the same. Remember to also complete three sets of these curls.
Betterme will keep you laser-focused on your weight loss journey! Nutrient-packed meal plans, fat-blasting workouts, galvanizing challenges and much more. Try using the app and see for yourself!
Day 3: Targeting Your Core And Legs
On this day, your workout plan may entail working on your core and legs. You will mostly focus on lower body exercises on this day. You will perform both squats and planks. As much as they rank as lower body exercises, they are also effective full-body exercises. Therefore, you can include them both in a full-body workout plan.
There is a very significant reason why squats are a staple in most workout plans. They target numerous muscles that help in transforming your entire body. Squats are very straightforward exercises to perform.
However, it is very easy to make mistakes in this exercise, especially when you do not know the correct form. For example, you can make mistakes when you wrongly position your back, knees, and heels (1).
Such mistakes do not go unnoticed as they may result in various aches and injuries. For example, if you wrongly position your back, you might end up with backaches. Likewise, if you poorly position your knees, they might tend to be injured.
To avoid all these, follow these steps to make you squat correctly:
- Stand upright with your feet slightly wider than your hip-width distance.
- Extend your arms forward. If you are incorporating weights, let your arms be by your sides.
- Slowly start to descend by pushing your butt back and bending your knees. Squat as low as you can, but preferably until your knee level. Throughout, remember to keep your back straight, heels on the ground, and toes pointing forward. These are some key pointers that help you avoid squatting mistakes. You should also remember to breathe in as you squat and exhale as you come up.
- Slowly come up to the starting standing stance.
- Do ten reps of this and complete three sets. Remember to also hydrate and take breaks in between these sets.
Planks help in strengthening your glutes, shoulders, abdominal muscles, and legs (3). You are also expected to do three sets of planks each, lasting for twenty seconds. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to plank the right way:
- Lie on the ground and assume a push-up position. It means that your arms will be pressed on the floor and your legs extended backward.
- There are different plank variations. One is the high plank, and the other is the elbow plank. If you do decide to do the high plank, then stretch your arms fully. There should be no bend in your elbows. However, in the elbow plank variation, rest your elbows on the ground. The elbow plank is recommended if you are in the intermediate fitness level. If you are a beginner, perform the high plank.
- Tighten your abs and keep your back straight. Your body should form a straight line straight from your head to your toes.
- Stay in this stance for 20 to 30 seconds or until you get tired.
The Bottom Line
Combining a healthy diet and the right exercises can help you transform your body within your desired timeline. Hence, you can make 6-week body transformations if you eat clean and have an ideal 6-week workout plan.
Remember to incorporate effective full-body workouts, especially if you also aim to lose weight. Mix your exercise and include cardio, weight lifting, and stretching for faster results.
Check out the 20 Minute Full Body Workout at Home below.
The information presented in this article is meant for general educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help. Kindly seek help from a certified specialist before making any changes based on the findings in this article.
- 5 common mistakes when you squat (2018, mayoclinic.org)
- 12 Tips to Help You Stick With Exercise (2019, webmd.com)
- A single yoga pose each day may improve spine curvature for scoliosis patients (2014, medicalnewstoday.com)
- Daily stretching routines: For beginners, runners, and more (2020,medicalnewstoday.com)
- Fitness 101: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Exercise (2008, webmd.com)
- Home and gym workout routines for men to try (2021, medicalnewstoday.com)
- How to follow a healthful diet (2020, medicalnewstoday.com)
- List of the best full-body exercises (2019, medicalnewstoday.com)
- Strength training tied to better heart health than aerobic (2018, medicalnewstoday.com)
- What to know about exercise and how to start (2019, medicalnewstoday.com)