One of the recent trends in the fitness world is women competing for the title of fitness model. It is an excellent idea as it has helped women embrace fitness. As a result of the trend, women are turning to weight lifting to help them get muscle mass. Sadly, many women who are hoping to win such titles do not use the right workouts to prepare. We can help you out, so we have designed this 6-week female fitness model workout. Let’s get to it!
Why This 6-Week Female Fitness Model Workout Plan?
It seems every other woman wants to flaunt a smoking hot bikini body. If this speaks to you, you will need a practical bikini workout program.
We understand what it takes to get such a physique and the necessary exercises. That said, we have put together the most effective workouts to help sculpt this physique. Here are some of the reasons you should consider following this model workout plan if this is your aim.
This workout plan has some innovative moves. Because of this, expect to burn more calories and shed some extra pounds. Additionally, expect to build lean muscle and fight a plateau as this training style is different and challenging.
Who Can Follow This Routine?
Although this is a female-oriented workout program, it does not suit every woman. It favors women in the intermediate level. Unfortunately, it is not suitable for beginners because it involves weight lifting using complex exercises and heavy weights.
It may not be applicable for advanced weight lifters as the exercise may be too moderate and light. In regards to age, this exercise program may be performed by any age level, so long as they can handle it. We urge you to talk to your doctor and trainer first for insight if this workout is for you. With that out of the way, let us get straight into the program!
Read More: 3 Days Workout Routine For Mass Increment And Toning
6-Week Female Fitness Model Workout Plan: Workout Schedule
We have designed a 6-day split exercise program for this model workout challenge. It means that the workout is performed for six days, each day targeting a different muscle group. Besides weight lifting exercises, we have also sneaked in some cardio sessions. These are crucial as they will help burn more calories while the strength training workouts sculpt your muscles (4). Take a look:
- Monday: Hamstrings, Quads, Calves, and Glutes
- Tuesday: Shoulders, Triceps, and Abs
- Wednesday: Back and Cardio
- Thursday: Chest and Triceps
- Friday: Abs and Cardio
- Saturday: Compound Exercises
- Sunday: Rest
Day 1: Legs And Glutes Circuit
Models are known for their well-sculpted legs. So, when pursuing a bikini fitness physique, you will have to train your legs thoroughly. With this in mind, it would help if you also exercise your glutes. We know the best leg and glute exercises to help you with these. They are as follows:
- Barbell stiff leg deadlifts (Reps 8-10, Sets 2, Rest 45 secs)
- Smith machine hip thrusts with a resistance band around the knees (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Dumbbell Bulgarian split squats (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Lying leg curls (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Single leg Romanian deadlift (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 60 secs)
- Goblet squats with dumbbells (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Calf raises (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Leg extensions (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
If you tend to let yourself off the hook, raise the white flag when things get tougher than you expected, send yourself on an unconscious binge-eating trip – BetterMe app is here to help you leave all of these sabotaging habits in the past!
Day 2: Shoulders, Triceps, And Abs Circuit
These are among the most intimidating areas for women to work out for lack of insight on where to start. You have nothing to worry about because we have chosen the best shoulder, triceps, and abs workouts for women. We have come up with the following:
- Dumbbell shoulder press (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Rope climb crunch (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 60 secs)
- TRX pendulum (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 45 secs)
- Cable overhead extension with rope (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Bent over rear delt fly (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Dumbbell upright rows (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 45 secs)
- Kettlebell windmill (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 45 secs)
- Dumbbell shotput press (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
Day 3: Back And Cardio
The target for this day is your back. On top of performing these exercises, you will also be required to perform a cardiovascular activity for thirty minutes, minimal. The activity is meant to increase your heart rate and help you burn more calories. You can choose between running, biking, swimming, or rope skipping. Here are the back exercises:
- Parallel grip lat pulldown (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 45 secs)
- Underhand seated cable row (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- High pulley cable face pull (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 60 secs)
- Renegade rows (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Eccentric bent over row (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Incline bench high cable pullover (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Reverse fly (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Dumbbell good mornings (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
Day 4: Chest And Triceps
It is time to tone your chest and triceps, and we will be doing so with the following exercises:
- Curtsy lunge with biceps curls (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Hammer curls (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Standing cable crossover (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Incline dumbbell fly (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Isometric biceps hold (Reps 10-12, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Barbell bench press (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 45 secs)
- Incline dumbbell press (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Dumbbell plank rotation (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 45 secs)
Read More: 12 Weeks Mass Building Workout Plan – Optimized For Muscle Growth
Day 5: Abs And Cardio
Toning your abdominal area can be a bit challenging, even for workout fanatics. You must perform the right ab exercises to tone this area and flaunt some hard-core abs. In addition to performing them, we also recommend performing a cardiovascular activity of your choice for thirty minutes. Below are the ab exercises:
- Unilateral dumbbell march (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Single-arm kettlebell push press (Reps 12-15 per arm, Sets 3, Rest 30 secs)
- Squat to overhead press with rotation (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Weighted flutter kicks (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Rowing machine knee tucks (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Cable machine crunches (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Bench leg lifts (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Kneeling woodchoppers with dumbbells (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
Day 6: Compound Exercises
On the last day, you will do an all-rounded exercise program that incorporates compound exercises. These are workouts that incorporate more than one muscle group and fit in a full-body workout plan (1). They are very important in a female fitness workout plan to help build overall muscle mass and strength (1). They also increase metabolic rate helping you burn more calories. Below are compound exercises designed to be performed on this day:
- Lateral lunge to glute pull (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Squat to overhead press with rotation (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 45 secs)
- Oblique curl to press (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Barbell rows (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Romanian deadlift (Reps 12-15, Sets 3, Rest 60 secs)
- Lunge with twist (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Dumbbell bench press (Reps 10-12, Sets 4, Rest 30 secs)
- Barbell overhead press (Reps 12-15, Sets 4, Rest 45 secs)
BetterMe app is a foolproof way to go from zero to a weight loss hero in a safe and sustainable way! What are you waiting for? Start transforming your body now!
Tips To Help Keep Up With This Workout Schedule For Women
For optimal benefits, we urge you to also pay attention to the following:
- Maintaining the Correct Exercise Form. We have included the most efficient exercises to help sculpt your body to a modeling physique. However, may fail to see results if you perform the exercises incorrectly. So, take your time and learn how to perform each exercise correctly to reduce injury risk.
- Hydrating. You must drink water before, during, and after performing this exercise program. It helps regulate your body temperature and cushion your brain, spinal cord, and other delicate tissues (2).
- Consistency. You need to perform this exercise program religiously for the next six weeks. However, you can extend it to ten weeks if you so desire. We do not recommend following this plan past ten weeks as it may result in a plateau.
- Eating Right. You also need to follow a clean eating plan for optimal results simultaneously. Diet and exercise go hand in hand, meaning if you do not eat right, you are only wasting time at the gym.
6-Week Female Fitness Model Workout Plan: Diet Tips
The ideal diet for female fitness models should accelerate fat loss and muscle building. It should also help your muscles to recover during rest quickly. It should contain lean protein, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates. Here are some recipes you can choose from:
- Breakfast egg wraps (Calories: 429, Fats: 20 g, Protein: 28 g, and carbs- 31 g)
- Protein pancakes (Calories: 798, Fats: 32 g, Protein: 29 g, and carbs- 91 g)
- Homemade protein shake (Calories: 368, Fats: 12 g, Protein: 27 g, and carbs- 34 g)
- Blueberry and banana power smoothie (Calories: 160, Fats: 4 g, Protein: 7 g, and carbs- 23 g)
Lunch And Dinner Ideas (3)
- Vitality chicken salad with avocado dressing (Calories: 433, Fats: 28 g, Protein: 35 g, and carbs- 6 g)
- Grilled chicken with quinoa Greek salad (Calories: 473, Fats: 20 g, Protein: 37 g, and carbs- 6 g)
- Heart lean lamb stew (Calories: 397, Fats: 20 g, Protein: 38 g, and carbs- 19 g)
- Baked eggs with beans, mushrooms, tarragon and crème Fraiche (Calories: 433, Fats: 28 g, Protein: 35 g, and carbs- 6 g)
- Cardamom chicken with lime leaves (Calories: 567, Fats: 17 g, Protein: 47 g, and carbs- 49 g)
- Healthy tuna lettuce wraps (Calories: 513, Fats: 16 g, Protein: 30 g, and carbs- 56 g)
- Cauliflower and squash fritters with mint and feta dip (Calories: 358, Fats: 19 g, Protein: 10 g, and carbs- 28 g)
- Bean and feta spread with Greek salad salsa and oatcakes (Calories: 382, Fats: 16 g, Protein: 14 g, and carbs- 41 g)
- Pepper and walnut hummus with veggie dippers (Calories: 296, Fats: 14 g, Protein: 14 g, and carbs- 30 g)
These are examples of recipes that you can follow when performing this workout plan. We recommend you talk to a licensed nutritionist and doctor before making any dietary change.
The Bottom Line
Congratulations if you are thinking of venturing into female fitness under the model category. It will require a lot of dedication and patience. However, this is not something to worry about, as what matters most is having the right workout plan.
This is where we come in. We have put together this 6-week female fitness model workout for you. Make sure you perform the exercises correctly and consistently. Good luck!
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on for decision-making. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- Could this compound boost the benefits of your workout? (2018, medicalnewstoday.com)
- Fifteen benefits of drinking water (2018, medicalnewstoday.com)
- High-Protein Recipes (2021, bbcgoodfood.com)
- Lockdown muscle loss: Five ways to get back in shape (2021, bbcgoodfood.com)