Senior Android EngineerEngineering, Kyiv
BetterMe is a #1 Health&Fitness publisher in the world in terms of installs and grossing for 2019 according to Appannie. For the last 1,5-year apps family BetterMe has been downloaded more than 50 million (iOS+Android). We have 5 mln women community on FB – more than any other competitor has. Apps have a 4.5* rating of the IOS App Store. This all became possible through a team of world-class talented professionals in composition 80 people in Kyiv.
We're largest partners Facebook / Google / Snapchat / Twitter from CEE. We have huge experience in user acquisition / analytics / ROI calcs, and we work with very advanced technologies.
Our mission is to help people create happiness within. Having your mind and body in harmony is vital. There are 500 million people in the world who value a healthy lifestyle. We believe that every one of those people should be a BetterMe user. We plan to capture the growth of the Global Health Market, and our ideal candidate will focus on building the largest Health company in the world.
We are growing and have an open position of Senior Android Engineer. If you have qualifications needed and ready to maintain required duties on a daily basis, please apply:
- 3+ yrs. of experience in Android application development;
- Deep understanding of Android SDK & proficiency in Java Core;
- Practical experience with Kotlin (our primary language);
- Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, SOLID, Clean Architecture;
- High level of interest to current software development trends;
- Strong desire to write high quality, clean & testable code (TDD, BDD);
- Knowledge of data storage mechanisms (SQLite);
- Experience with Dagger 2, RxJava;
- Experience with custom views and animations;
- Practical experience with third party libraries (Retrofit, OkHttp, Glide, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of Git;
- Basic knowledge of CI.
Apart from all of the technical requirements, it is important for our future colleague to be a genuine part of our team. As a result, we expect the following from all applicants:
- Flexibility in decision making and a real sense of understanding when it comes to choosing a compromise over your own decision and vice versa;
- Ability to work in a team and provide your own input into various company processes;
- Essential ability to share your experience and adopt the experience of your colleagues;
- Sense of humor (we work hard and need humor to keep up the energy levels).
At the end we finish:
You will be working with a professional and motivated team of enthusiasts in the environment that brings up best in everyone. We have no bureaucracy, and we give our colleagues complete freedom to make decisions and achieve brilliant results.
“Last thing”. So of course, we provide you with everything you need to stay focused on the important:
- Competitive salary that will help you focus on your projects and professional growth.
- Professional growth. Development team only Senior / Middle Level (90% / 10%). Internal courses and seminars, corporate library, English lessons and the ability to attend critical events worldwide.
- No legacy code. We work only with new technologies and new frameworks.
- Comfortable work environment. A spacious office (summer terrace, free lunches, Sony PlayStation 4 and other sorts of goodies) located a 5-minute walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station. We will provide you with the equipment that you think you need for comfortable work and perform tasks.
- Flexible work hours. You decide your work hours.
- Sport and Fitness. Medical insurance, corporate doctor visits and sports activities of your choice.
- Rest. Parties, team buildings, travel abroad and more.