Senior Android Engineer
BetterMe is one of the most popular mobile apps in the U.S. in the Health & Fitness category. It has been downloaded more than 13 million times over a period of 12 months since its introduction. BetterMe transforms its user's smartphones into personal trainers that understand the needs of its users and help them achieve the desired results.
The BetterMe Mobile product team is looking for Senior Android Developer, who would be able to not only execute the assigned tasks, but to implement solutions, which improve the development process and its speed. We need a developer with business thinking skills, who would be able to make the right decisions in terms of priority and resource use.
We are growing and have an open position of Senior Android Developer. If you have qualifications needed and ready to maintain required duties on a daily basis, please apply:
- 3+ yrs. of experience in Android application development;
- Deep understanding of Android SDK & proficiency in Java Core;
- Practical experience with Kotlin is a big plus (our primary language);
- Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, MVP, SOLID, Clean Architecture;
- High level of interest to current software development trends;
- Strong desire to write high quality, clean & testable code (TDD, BDD);
- Knowledge of data storage mechanisms (SQLite);
- Experience with Dagger 2, RxJava (v1/v2);
- Experience with custom views and animations;
- Practical experience with
third partylibraries (Retrofit, OkHttp, Glide, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of Git;
- Basic knowledge of CI.
Apart from all of the technical requirements, it is important for our future colleague to be a genuine part of our team. As a result, we expect the following from all applicants:
- Flexibility in decision making and a real sense of understanding when it comes to choosing a compromise over your own decision and vice versa;
- Ability to work in a team and provide your own input into various company processes;
- Essential ability to share your experience and adopt the experience of your colleagues;
- Sense of humor (we work hard and need humor to keep up the energy levels).
- Good compensation that allows you to focus on the project development and your professional growth. Experienced candidates with references/evidence of their achievements will be offered a bonus system, apart from the basic salary. Official employment;
- Strong and enthusiastic team - you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning and professional self-development;
- Interesting and challenging tasks in the global project;
- Convenient working conditions - a comfortable office (summer terrace, free lunches, Sony PlayStation 4 and other sorts of goodies) located a 5-minute walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station. Flexible working hours;
- Sports and Healthcare - running, swimming, football, basketball and other sports activities supported by the company. A corporate doctor is always ready to help if you feel sick;
- Exceptional opportunities for professional growth - in-house training sessions and seminars, a corporate library, English lessons, participation in key IT events around the world.
Genesis is one of the largest Internet companies in the world operating both in the developed Western markets and fast-growing African and Asian markets:
- more than 200 million unique users per month on all of its sites and apps;
- the greatest Internet media company in Africa and Kazakhstan;
- one of the largest social discovery businesses in the world;
- more than 900 employees in 9 offices all over the world;
We are waiting for you in our team!