BetterMe is a leading Health&Fitness publisher in the world with over 100 million installs (iOS+Android). We have 7.5 million followers on our social media platforms – more than any other competitor has. This all became possible through a team of world-class talented professionals in composition 100+ people in Kyiv. We're one of the largest partners of Facebook / Google / Snapchat / Twitter from CEE.
Our mission is creating happiness within since it's vital to have your mind and body in harmony. There are 500 million people in the world who value a healthy lifestyle. We believe that every one of those people should be a BetterMe user. We plan to capture the growth of the Global Health Market, and our ideal candidate will focus on building the largest Health company in the world.
We are growing and have an open position of Senior Android Engineer. If you have qualifications needed and ready to maintain required duties on a daily basis, please apply:
- 3+ yrs. of experience in Android application development;
- Deep understanding of Android SDK & proficiency in Java Core;
- Practical experience with Kotlin (our primary language);
- Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, SOLID, Clean Architecture, MVVM/Redux;
- High level of interest to current software development trends;
- Strong desire to write high quality, clean & testable code (TDD, BDD);
- Knowledge of data storage mechanisms (SQLite);
- Experience with Dagger 2, RxJava, Coroutines;
- Experience with custom views and animations;
- Practical experience with third party libraries (Retrofit, OkHttp, Glide, etc.).
Apart from all of the technical requirements, it is important for our future colleague to be a genuine part of our team. As a result, we expect the following from all applicants:
- Flexibility in decision making and a real sense of understanding when it comes to choosing a compromise over your own decision and vice versa;
- Ability to work in a team and provide your own input into various company processes;
- Essential ability to share your experience and adopt the experience of your colleagues;
- Sense of humor (we work hard and need humor to keep up the energy levels).
Our company is built on the ability to find the best people and provide them with everything needed to stay focused on what’s important to make our users even healthier, sportier, happier and better! We create a business environment that brings up best in everyone. We have no bureaucracy, and we give our colleagues complete freedom to make decisions and achieve brilliant results.
- Competitive salary. Compensation that will help you focus on your projects and personal development.
- Professional Growth. We offer a possibility to attend internal, external courses, seminars and access to a corporate library. You will be working with a team of professionals to get insights and discuss ideas.
- Comfortable working environment. BetterMe team is located in a spacious office in the Astarta business center within 10 minutes walk from Kontraktova metro station. We serve complimentary breakfasts, lunches, snacks, fruits and all necessary equipment for your role.
- Health&Fitness. We provide employees with 20 days of paid vacation, medical insurance and a variety of sports activities available for employees inside and outside the office.
- Rest. We organize team buildings, parties and various team activities to boost our collaboration.